Chapter 26 - Chaos Rising

Seeing Allison's picture of us in front of the Eiffel Tower light up my screen, I smile as I swipe the green call button and put the phone to my ear "Hey what's up?"

"Hey, so I really can't stop thinking about the markings on your arms being some sort of a pattern, it has to mean something– is Scott there?– Can we talk to him about this?"

Looking down to my other arm I sigh softly "I agree the pattern looks almost familiar, I just can't place it– but Scott isn't here. Um Stiles was taking him out tonight"

"Where was he taking him, can we meet them? I feel like this is important..."

Well that's a loaded question since Stiles was taking him to Heather's birthday party after running into her and her offering to introduce Scott to a bunch of her friend's from her high school to get over you my dear sweet friend

Keeping that to myself though, I puff my lips out before answering "Umm let me call Stiles and see where they're at and if–"

"Okay great, be ready because we're almost to you" She rushes out and hangs up before I can even respond well this could be interesting

I call Stiles and he picks up after a few rings "Hey, regretting not coming with us?"

Setting the call on speaker, I rest it on my tall dresser and pull my light green henley long sleeve shirt over my head "Yea I wasn't going to interrupt boys night, and besides it's not like I needed to be there to see my brother shacking up with someone who isn't the love of his life"

"Well that just killed my buzz, now I need another drink Addy– thank you."

"You're welcome!" I singsong before I hear his chuckle and I continue "Aren't you driving, why are you drinking?"

"I was joking don't worry– so what's up if you aren't calling to tell me how horribly bored you are?"

Not wanting to ruin the night for them I shake my head even though he can't see me, and step into my jean shorts pulling them up "It's– you know what it's nothing–"

"Addy, wait hang on–" I hear the party noise get quieter before hearing a door close and his voice comes back on the line "Okay now cut the shit, what's wrong?"

I chew on the side of my lip before I huff and lay it all out there "Allison wants to talk to Scott about Lydia's and my arm bruises. She says it's important– and she can't stop thinking how it's a message that we need to de-code somehow, aaaaand she's on her way to pick me up so we can meet you and Scott, since I didn't tell her what you two were actually doing for the evening."

He chuckles and I can hear him take in a breath before he sighs out "Okay, well I'll see you soon."

I slip on my grey converse, before I grab my jacket and walk out my bedroom door to wait downstairs "Seriously? You're not bummed we're crashing your night over something that may be nothing?"

"No the party is lame anyways, Heather disappeared and her friends weren't exactly gaining Scott's attention anyways. Plus this may not be nothing– so please come rescue us, I'll text you the address."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

I open the door once I see Allison pull up from the front window, closing and locking it before I run down the steps, getting in the backseat and offering my hellos as I get buckled up.

Allison and Lydia turn back to look at me "They fine to meet us?"

I adjust in the seat moving my eyes between theirs "Yea I got the address for where they are."