Chapter 27 - Fireflies

Peter drops his hand from my shoulder and reaches into his pocket when his phone goes off.

He looks up to us as he answers and brings the phone up to his ear "Derek, what happened?– wait wait wait, did you say Cora?"

I share a look with Stiles who shrugs and Peter moves away to start pacing next to us as he listens to whatever Derek is filling him in on you could at least put him on speaker for the non enhanced hearing people of the room

About a minute later, he hangs up and walks towards the door, however, we are right on his tail "Okay what happened?"

Peter grabs his coat and goes about putting it on as he fills us in "They're alive, barely. They were locked in a mountain ash barrier inside the vault with Cora and Boyd but the Argent girl showed up and broke the seal, much to Derek's fury for her not to."

"Allison– wait who's Cora?" I question coming to a stop next to him at the door while he adjusts the collar on his coat.

Peter nods and continues "Now they're trying to chase after Boyd and Cora– Derek's sister, who is not dead by the way– since they escaped from the vault and are running rampant in their much bigger Colosseum. Which now consists of the entirety of the Beacon Hills population. It's going to be a long night kids, grab your coats."

"Hold on, what is the plan– to literally chase after two werewolves who can't even be reasoned with?" Stiles' states before it sounds like his voice is fading and the same feeling I had last night at Deaton's overcomes by entire body again.

My nerves feel on fire and there's too much around me, everything is too much. I set my hands on the sides of my head, closing my eyes as I focus on taking deep, even breaths my anxiety has never been this bad before

I open my eyes when I feel hands on my forearms and see Peter's furrowed expression, he moves his mouth, though I can't hear him over the noise in my head that is increasing.

Stiles pushes forward, trading spots with Peter, and reaches out to wrap his hands around my wrists. I feel him squeeze them before he shouts "Addy!"

Just like the other night his voice breaks through the noise and everything clears. The thumping in my head stops and he lowers my hands from either side of my head slowly.

Stiles slides his hands from my wrists and grasps my hands in his as Peter makes a noise and points towards me "What the hell was that?"

I take a deep breath connecting my eyes with Stiles' worried ones as he rubs his thumbs soothingly on the back of my hands, answering Peter "Whatever it is, that's the second time it's happened to her in twenty four hours."

Peter looks fascinated as he moves his eyes back and forth between mine, crossing one arm over his chest and lifting the other to rest against the side of his mouth "I couldn't connect with your mind, but that doesn't mean I was wrong" he mumbles absentmindedly and I share a look with Stiles who furrows his brows and takes a step towards him "What– what do you mean you weren't wrong? Wrong about what?– Peter!"

"Hmm" Peter snaps out of his thinking face and looks between us and our raised brow expression before he just shakes his head "Just focus on what you hear Addy, don't shut it out."

I make a face towards him "Are you impersonating a terrible fortune cookie– because what does that–" Peter looks to his phone interrupting my words as he turns to walk towards the door.