thirty nine | sausage

^^ the dress

•<•>•

Elijah and I walk into the ballroom where the party is being held. There are tables along the walls that are lined with food, where I'll probably spend most of my night, and a dance floor in the center where everyone is dancing and talking.

There is also a raised platform right in the front of the room, where the DJ is playing a song I don't recognize.

As we walk in, I notice girls turning to look at Elijah with lust in their eyes. Shaking my head, I think about how he has probably hooked up with some of them.

He slips a hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I look up to ask him what he is doing, but he is glaring at a few of the guys that seem to be checking me out.

"You are my date tonight, but I am not your property," I state.

"I know you're not my property," he says and stops walking. "I'm your property, my queen." He winks and walks off.

I shake my head and smile.

"What the f*ck?" Jamie walks up to me and pulls me into a hug. "You look beautiful."

He pulls away from the hug and smiles down at the dress. "I knew the dress was amazing, but you make it look so much better."

"Thank you so much for getting this dress for me," I say and hug him again.

He chuckles. "Don't forget that your lover boy paid for it, not me."

"Can you stop with that?" I shake my head. "It's never going to happen. Your 'ship' is going to sink."

"Nope. Because of global warming, there's no icebergs to sing this ship."

I laugh. "Where's the birthday girl?"

"Still getting ready. I guess she wants to be fashionably late to her own party."

I nod and walk over to one of the tables that have different platters of food placed on it. I start stuffing my face with food and Jamie joins me.

We both stand in the corner and shove food into our mouth. When we look up, both our cheeks are filled with food and it takes everything not to laugh.

"I love food," Jamie says with his mouth full, but it sounds more like 'I uhh oood'.

"Me too," I reply, but it comes out as 'eeh ooo'.

"What's your favorite food?" I ask after swallowing.

Swallowing. Ha. Why am I like this? I need holy water. It can be the most innocent thought, but I'll turn it dirty.

Wet.

Hard.

Wood.

"Um, I really like sausages," he answers.

I almost choke on the piece of cheese in my mouth.

Choke.

Damn, I need to stop being such a dirty freak.

"You what?" I ask, laughing.

"I'm German, so my love for sausage goes way back. Even my ancestors loved sausage."

I keep laughing, and block my mouth to quiet myself. "Jamie, you—"

"Oh wow," Jamie deadpans. "That is not what I meant. I only like girls."

"Yeah, me too," I say nonchalantly.

Jamie is about to say something, but he stops and processes my words. His eyes widen. "Wait, what?"

I laugh. "Just kidding, but that would have definitely sunken your ship."

"Ship or no ship, you know that I would support you no matter what. People should be able to love whoever they want, regardless of gender. Being judged for loving someone is bullshit. I mean there is literally videos of people f*cking horses on the internet, but that's more normal that a girl loving another girl. It's just so messed up," Jamie rants.

"Um, Jamie, I don't think anyone finds beastiality normal..."

"If there is a word for it, it's more normal than it should be."

"Not really, not all things that are acknowledged are good things. There's a word for someone who likes to f*ck corpses, so..."

He cringes. "Are you serious?" I nod. "Why are human beings not extinct yet? May God be with us all."

I laugh. "Do you want to dance?" I ask.

"It would be an honour," he says and takes my hand, leading me away from my beloved food and onto the dance floor.

We dance for about half a song, when the music stops and a new songs starts. Alex walks into the room and everyone stops what they're doing to look at her.

Some take photos, some stare and some look at her with envy — she seems to like it.

She definitely looks beautiful. She is wearing a long blue gown at it makes her look like Cinderella. All she needs is glass heels.

"I am in love," Jamie whispers, not taking his eyes off Alex.

"Then ask her to be your girlfriend," I state.

He rips his eyes off Alex to glance at me for a second. "You think?"

"Yeah. She'd be crazy not to say yes."

"I'll do it tonight," he agrees.

I want to jump up and down. I'm so happy for Jamie. If he really likes her as much as he seems to, then he should go for it. She may not be my favorite person, but I can see the stars in Jamie's eyes when he looks at her.

And for a second, it makes me believe love could be worth all the pain.

•<•>•

*puts random sentence here because I don't know what to say*

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx