Lesson Forty-Eight

Lesson Forty-Eight - If You Want It, Go Get It.

"I need you do to me a favour Princess."

Looking up a my wooden bedroom door that had been closed only mere seconds ago, stood Riker like he owned the place. I often wondered if he had his own house to go to because he sure as hell spent enough time in mine to think that he didn't. There wasn't any reason for him to be here either. Damon had left a week ago after the whole situation with Nisha Brookes. I knew my brother though he would take this time to wrap his head around everything before coming back. He just needed time and I didn't blame him. Not everyone was like me. Sometimes I didn't even know how I took everything so calmly.

"Ok two things." I said holding my fingers at him from my bed. "One, do you ever go home? And two what the fuck do you want now. I've done shit loads for you lately already."

That didn't stop him though he walked in closing my door making me narrow my eyes at him. He sat down on the edge of my bed never taking his eyes off him. I could see the black lines of him tattoos through his white top under the dull lighting of my room.

"I'm leaving for London for a while with my parents and I need you to keep an eye out for the guys. With me leaving and Damon gone I need someone here that I can trust. Zane's guys also came to me not that long ago about what do next. Zane's has left to fuck knows where and no one has heard from him in a week. My brother Ace will still be here in control of them but I know he won't tell me what is actually going on or what he's doing. So I need you to watch them for me. I need you to be my eyes and ears of this City, Lyra."

Judging from the look on his face he was serious in what he was saying and I didn't know how to react. For the first time in my life I was speechless. Nothing had caught me off guard as much as he had right now. From being kidnapped to finding out about my mother, nothing had thrown me of the track as much as Riker did right now in this moment.

It took me a few moments but I finally got my thoughts under control. If he noticed my silence he didn't say anything to show it.

"Why you leaving?"

His infamous smirk crossed his handsome features and I couldn't help roll my eyes. "Why will you miss me Princess?"

"And there we go." I said giving him a pointed look. "No I want to know why your all leaving and letting your idiot of a brother be in charge."

He shifted slightly so that he was sitting more comfortable on my bed. I watched his every moment making sure to pay attention to every detail. There was something about him that just made me want to sit up and take note. I didn't know if it was his looks, personality or just this whole vibe he had about himself.

"I need to get something sorted out. If we have a war coming our way I want to be prepared."

"This war could be years away. There's no sign that Nisha will be back anytime soon."

He gave me a smile, a proper smile. I never thought he could be anymore handsome than he did but in that moment he just topped it all. With that smile his cold exterior of a future Mafia leader was gone. He looked like a normal seventeen year that was asking me for a favour. Sometimes I forgot that we were just kids. More importantly I forgot that he was just a teenager as well.

Looking at him properly I could see the faint scars that sometimes ran along in tattoos. It made them imperfect but that's what made him look perfect. Watching carefully I could see his muscles relax more and more by the second something that I could see didn't happen that often. He felt safe in here with me and that made me wonder just how many times had he truly let his guard down in life. His eyes told me far more than I needed to know, he might be seventeen but he had seen more and experienced more than most people would in there life time.