8

Jazmine stood in front of the two story 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath home with an acre of backyard.

"You like it?" MaCartier asked walking up to his sister with Raine on his shoulders. Jazmine smiled and nodded,

"This is the one, this is it."

"About damn time, my feet swelling just going to see all these dog on houses." Mother Dear complained as she leaned on Frank who held her as if it were their first date watching the sun set.

"Okay, let me go find this man to sign these papers to get the process started." Jazmine and MaCartier went back into the house and met the real-estate man in the kitchen. After a few phone calls and reading over documents, Jazmine handed him over the security bag full of cash for the house. Half was given to him for today and she would drop off the other half next week, so she won't have to deal with a mortgage or anything, all she would have is bills and her own house to relax and raise her kids up in.

Everyone sat outside on the large porch sipping on some pink lemonade Mother Dear had whipped up.

"I can't wait to cook in that kitchen." Mother Dear smiled causing everyone to laugh, including the kids.

"Don't be trying to stay over just to use my kitchen." Jazmine teased.

"Girl hush, its a housewarming gift from me to you. Plus, I can't let my grandson starve." She leaned over rubbing Jazmine's protruding stomach.

"And what makes you think it's a boy?"

"A mother knows."

The porch became silent as all the adults watched the children run around playing in the yard.

*****

Dave now laid on the cold, pissy and wasteful smelling floor, a minute away from death. His muscles were too weak, he could barely open his eyes but, he knew he needed to escape. Looking around, fighting the pain shooting through his back and neck he realized there were some chains in which were previously used on him, hanging up on the wall.

If only he could get to them.

"Your daughter calls me daddy"

"You think she cares about you? You're just a bum ass junkie, I should've let that bitch overdose you."

Sayings and memories of his children and family played back and circled in his head. Slowly, he brought himself up to his knees. Breaking a smooth sweat, he began to push his body in a crawl towards the eastern wall. At a snails pace, he began to grow tired but the picture of his kids crying and chained to a chair gave him the strength he needed.

Climbing up, using the wall, Dave couldn't even feel the pain as he grabbed the heavy chain that nearly drug him to the floor. He undid the latch and took it off, sliding it in his pocket. His clothes hung , barely on his body, but at this point that was an advantage for him. He posed himself back on the floor as he awaited for when his abusers would show up again to give him some water.

Hours felt like days but, finally, Dave woke up to the hard door slamming closed as two people walked to him with two bottles of what appeared to be water. Quickly, before they came into view, he closed his eyes and played sleep.

"This nigga stank."  A new voice voiced out.

"Hell yeah but, boss wants to break him and shit. I say gone and kill him but nah I think it's something personal having to do with his old lady."

"Wake that nigga up." The new man gagged.

The tall balding dark skinned male kicked Dave, causing him to groan being that he wasn't asleep. Dave pulled himself up and the men shook their heads.