Chapter 16: Miami

ϟ Grey ϟ

ϟ Grey ϟ

A day after touching down in Miami, we've settled in where we've been put to stay and have been introduced to the unit we're assisting for the rest of the week.

It pisses me off the looks we get because we're young. If we were fucking bad at what we did, we wouldn't have the job we do.

It doesn't piss me off as much as the fact that Azalea is obviously hiding something from me. And not letting me touch her. And the way she had ignored me for a full fucking week. And one day.

The girl doesn't fucking understand that I've thrown everything I used to do all away for her. It's not like I did shit with a girl every night or anything but I had the occasional hookup and 'fun.'

It's different going as long as I have without hooking up and not even wanting to.

Unless the girl is her.

And I know that Jonas catching me and her in that room together hurt her. Him being the fucking idiot he is just had to add the 'another one?' 

The only other one beside Azalea that had been in that room with me was a random girl that had followed me into the back room. Did we do shit? Hell no, I kicked her drunk ass out. But did Jonas just happen to walk in there? Yeah.

But I'm not a liar and I do want to fall in love with her.

Who wouldn't want to?

I don't have a damn clue what the feeling is like to love someone. I don't even think that word has ever left my lips before but with her, I can feel it being a possibility.

If I don't fuck things up first.

Even now, for the first time in my life, I think I miss her. I think; I don't know what that feeling is. But I feel like I'm missing something and it isn't the fucking scrunchie on my wrist or our weaponry.

Her stupid random comments.

Fuck, even her laugh has my heart feeling like a dumb blubbering bitch.

I take another sip of my fucking milkshake.

Goddammit.

Roman looks at me with a calculated gaze. I glare back at him.

"Are you mad at your milkshake?" Jai asks from beside me and I loosen my grip on the cup in my hand.