Chapter 16

I sat impatiently with the binoculars glued to my eyes. Alexander simply gazed at the door as we waited for Catelyn to emerge and open it. Alexander having his connections, got someone to place the red box on the door mat and ring the door bell meanwhile leaving before it was opened.

Alexander and I were just across from the road. Alexanders red sports car was prompted up onto the side walk and we stared at Catelyns house-unmoving.

"She must be having trouble walking to the door with her heels or something," I exclaimed beyond impatient. 

Alexander simply sighed and leaned his head back on his seat, closing his eyes meanwhile slowly humming.

"Perhaps," he stated and popped one eye open, glancing down at my black heels, "-I see you've mastered the skill."

I couldn't help but grin at his light tone. I glanced up and planned on looking away but I was captured by his dark eyes as he didn't look away.

"Do I have something on my face?" I mused and my eyes sparkled in amusement.

Alexander smirked for a second before he put on a serious face and tilted his head slightly.

"Actually," he leaned forward then he grinned,  as if trying not to laugh, "-you do."

Immediately my hands went to touch my face. I looked in the review mirror and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What? Where?" I frowned when I didn't see anything.

"Right," Alexander but his fingers under my chin to tilt my face up, "-here."

I didn't know if I should of been expecting it. However I was taken aback when Alexander leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine.

My eyes fluttered close after adjusting and I slowly kissed him back. Alexanders hands held onto my waist as I slightly rotated my body to face his in the car seat.

My hands flew to his head and I tangled my fingers into his dark hair, bringing his face closer to mine. Alexanders grip tightened on my waist and his lips left mine to travel along my jaw. I closed my eyes and my lips parted as I gently pulled his hair.

"Victoria, " he murmured and I almost moaned. I had no idea why I was so attracted to him. One kiss and I was putty in his hands.    

I opened my eyes to move my head and kiss him, however the door of Catelyns house opening caught my eye.

I quickly pushed Alexander off me, harder than necessary and scrambled to lean over him.

I anxiously watched as Catelyn appeared outside the door and lazily glanced around.

"What the hell..." Alexander trailed off slightly dazed as he straightened up, even though I was leaning over his lap.

"Shut up!" I whispered harshly and focused on Catelyn.

Alexander snorted but stayed silent nevertheless.

We watched as Catelyn noticed the box on her door step. She slowly bent down and picked it up.

Of course there was the possibility of her taking it inside and opening it. However if I knew Catelyn well enough, I know she couldn't wait.

Catelyn lifted the box to eye level and examined it. After a moment or two she put her fingers on the edges and slowly began lifting it.

"Come on, come on," I chanted.

We watched as if it were in slow motion. Catelyn took off the lid and her whole body froze. She didn't drop the box quick enough, as several bugs flew out and landed on her.