S E V E N T E E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

I looked down at the small jute bag in my hand and smiled.

I hope Ian likes it.

It's Ian's birthday and Maya will come in late today with Ian so I decided to make a few gifts for Ian, Alex did say we will be having a party this evening in the huge bungalow he owns but this time it will be for kids only.

All of Ian's friends are going to be invited and the theme of the party is going to be avengers?

No wait, it was avengers.

I think.

All of it is going to be a surprise for Ian and Mary, I feel so excited!

I made a few small gifts for Ian just like the once I had when I was a kid, they're not expensive in fact they are made of left out materials but I think he will enjoy playing with them as much as I did when I was a kid.

The first gift was a small just bag with small rocks with O's and X's written on them, I drew the box needed to play tic tac toe on the jute bag and smiled at my work.

It seems perfect just like the other two gifts.

The other two gifts consisted of a fairy dust bottle which was actually just sparkling playdough and a big black moon jar with the logo on superman printed on it!

The only superhero I know is superman, I hope Ian likes him to otherwise the 'superman bank' would go to waste.

I looked at my desk and the phone sitting in the same place it was for the last five days and sighed, I don't know how to use it.

I can't even ask Alex how to use it, he'll think I'm crazy.

Maybe I should use my laptop and learn how to use it on my own.

The jiggling sound of the main door caught my attention and I ran to the hall hoping to see Mary and Ian and sure enough, in came the little man running to me and as fast as his feet could carry him.

Maybe I can pick him up now, I don't feel any pain in my body anymore.

The moment Ian's hands wrapped around my neck I took a deep breath and held him \trying to pick him up.

I took a sharp breath at the stinging pain in my back and quickly adjusted to it and smiled at Ian "Hi baby!"

Ian looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows "Ian is not a baby, Ian is a man l-like Addy" I laughed at the expression Ian passed at me "ok little man, Happy Birthday!"

The moment Ian heard me wish him his smile came back on his face and he gave me a sloppy kiss on my cheek "thank you, aunt Sara"

I tried not to cringe at the name and looked up at Maya to greet her "He was so excited to meet you, he's never had any family before and you're the only person he knows after Alex."

I know that feeling.

"Well Ian, your aunt loves you, and guess what? I have a gift for you!" Ian exclaimed in excitement and I looked up at Maya silently asking for her permission to take Ian to my room.

Maya nodded smiling and I mouthed 'you should come too'

With that, all three of us headed to my room and I put Ian down on the bed as soon as we reached my room.