rockabye •ten

...

"Go away, mother." Mal yells to Maleficent. Maleficent lets out an evil cackle. Serena was held back by Chad and Serena held on to his clothes. She had pulled Audrey back with her and watched the scene play out.

"She's funny. Oh! I'm so—you're very funny." Maleficent laughs as if it was a joke. But she suddenly had gone serious. "Here. Wand me. Chop chop." She says, with her hand out to Mal.

Everyone watched at Mal reached over to hand in the wand to her mother. The voice of Ben yelling out a NO was heard. As Maleficent leaned in to take to wand, Mal instead threw it to Fairy Godmother, much to Maleficent's protest. "No!"

Fairy Godmother caught her wand and waved it around. "Bibbidi-bobbidi—"

"Boo." Maleficent mockingly finishes and taps her staff on the ground. A wave of power traveled and suddenly Serena couldn't move a muscle. The last thing she saw was Maleficent's evil grin.

MAL

The only people able to move were the four descendants of villains and Maleficent herself.

"Psych." Maleficent jokes.

She walks up to where Belle and Beast stood frozen and removed Beast's glasses. "Ooh. Ooh, in another time, in another time." Maleficent smirks, looking at the man up and down. "Don't you wanna be evil, like me, don't you wanna be mean..."

She approaches Fairy Godmother and plucks the wand from her hand. "Ow! Oh. Oh, no. Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs." Maleficent sticks the wand in Fairy Godmother's noses.

"Where shall we begin?" Maleficent says aloud and turns back to the kids. "I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this?" In a blur, Ben's ring flew off of Mal's finger and onto the wand. "Perfect fit!" Maleficent cries out. Mal looked down in devastation.

"Oh, excuse me. Pardon me. Excuse me. The horns, the horns!" She ducked down, under Fairy Godmother's arms. She looks back at Mal and continues, "Aw... Falling in love is weak... And ridiculous. It's not what you want."

"You don't know what I want! Mom, have you ever once asked me what I want? I'm not you!" Mal says with teary eyes.

"Oh, obviously." Maleficent exclaims. "I've had years and years and years and... Years of practice being evil. You'll get there."

"No, I will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself." Mal continues. "Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing."

"I know one thing, young lady." "You have no room for love in your life! Just look at what happened to her!" Maleficent points to Serena. The Descendants looked over as Maleficent walks over to the frozen princess. Grabbing Serena's face and moved it side to side.

"Left alone to raise a kid when she was just a kid herself." Maleficent says, no pity in her voice, but only stating the facts. She let Serena go and returned to the front.

"And now I command, wand to my hand!" Mal screams with her hand out. The wand flew out of Maleficent's hand and returns to Mal's. "Ha! It worked!"

"I hardly think so." Maleficent stressing out and started to walk in circles. "Frankly, this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand. GIVE ME THE WAND!"

"Hold on, Mal. Maybe good really is more powerful than evil." Carlos says.

"Oh, please! You're killing me. Arf!" Suddenly, Maleficent was jumped by Dude the dog. "Oh! Oh, the breath! The breath! Get off me!" Maleficent says, dropping Dude on the ground. Jay was the first in action to try and wrestle Maleficent's staff out of her grasp. To his surprise, the staff didn't even move an inch. Her eyes glowed green and she felt Jay's biceps. "Gaston should be jealous."

Maleficent tossed Jay to the ground and backed away for more space. "Enough! You all will regret this!" Smoke surrounded Maleficent and by the time it cleared, she was already a giant purple and black dragon.

She went after Jay first and Jay had tired out running her. He ran forward to his friends where Evie took action with her magic mirror. "Magic mirror, show your bright light!"

A bright light shun out the mirror, blinding dragon Maleficent and making her slam into the ground.

"Behind me, E!" Mal pushes Evie behind her as Mal steps forward. "Leave my friends alone! This is between you and me, mother." Mal says bravely, making dragon Maleficent snarl at her.
"The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one

The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one

The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one!"

The spell Mal had recited had made dragon Maleficent screech  before disappearing.

"What just happened?" Evie asks as they all ran forward to where a purple lizard had taken the place of the dragon.

"I have no idea."

"Did you do it?"

"I don't know." Mal says. Fairy Godmother, who was now unfrozen, ran forward to the Descendants.

"No, no, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why It's so itty-bitty." Fairy Godmother says, looking down at lizard Maleficent.

"Is she gonna be like that forever?"Mal asks.

"Well, forever is a long time." Fairy Godmother says, smiling at Mal. "You learned to love. So can she." Mal laughs.

"I believe this belongs to you." She says, holding out the wand. Fairy Godmother took the wand and picked up Ben's ring.

"And I believe this..." She hands her the ring. "Belongs to you." Mal smiles and places the ring back on her finger. "You all have earned yourselves an "a" in goodness class." The Descendants laughed.

Fairy Godmother waved her wand in the air. "Bibbidi-bobbidi-BOO!" She exclaimed. Everyone in the hall had been unfrozen now.

I AM STILL SHOOK BY THE NEWS OF CAMERON BOYCE'S DEATH. HE DIDN'T DESERVE THIS. SUCH A YOUNG MAN, JUST STARTING HIS EARLY 20's. HE WASN'T JUST AN ACTOR, BUT HE WAS DEEPLY COMMITTED TO THE THIRST PROJECT, AN ORGANIZATION THAT PROVIDES COMMUNITIES WITH CLEAN DRINKING WATER.

I KNOW THAT WHEN I WATCH DESCENDANTS 3, MY THOUGHTS WILL BE ON HIM. WHEN I WATCH GROWN UPS, MY THOUGHTS WILL BE ON HIM. HE WILL BE MISSED.