Arc 3.5

This was the first expedition for the freshmen, that’s why rather than felt like it was a bothersome, they all felt excited about this activity.

Shi Shen, of course, went to the meeting place with the male lead but he bid him farewell as soon as he found his teammates.

The three of them were 16 years old so they were taller than Shi Shen by quite a lot. Ulric Walter was the teenager with blue hair, his father was a wealthy merchant, Gawain Rolfe had brown hair, his family was famous in the confectionary industry and last but not least, Rowley Greene had dark green hair as Count Greene was the captain of the Cross Royal Knight.

Ignoring the three’s unfriendly look, he walked to them with a faint smile.

‘’You came quite early.’’

Ulric coldly humped,’’We’re not like someone who doesn’t know his place and still act arrogantly.’’

Shi Shen amusedly lifted his brows. He just smiled at them without saying anything and simply waited for the instructors to activate the transportation array.

Soon enough, the mage instructor from the entrance exam’s day stepped up to activate the array.

In his right hand held a wooden staff as he chanted a spell. Not long after, the space before them suddenly lit up with radiance light as complicated rune appeared on the floor.

He turned around to look at them then warned them for one last time,’’Try to stick together as much as possible. If you were to meet any danger, make sure to use the teleportation charm that was given to each of you by your teacher right away, get it?’’

Everyone shouted in unison,’’Yes!’’

Hearing this, he slightly nodded his head then spoke,’’Team 1, 2, 3.’’

Shi Shen was in team 3 so he unhurriedly walked into the array with others under the eyes of other students.

The moment he stepped on the array, it felt like he suddenly got sucked into something as his surroundings quickly became distorted. A few seconds later, the chatter noise made by students was replaced by the sound of bird chirpings and the rustling sound of the leaves.

Besides the four of them, no one was in sight. Even the other 2 teams that came with them were disappeared. It seemed like they got scattered into different places.

Shi Shen’s eyes lightly swept across his surrounding to pinpoint their current position in the forest.

All of a sudden, Rowley talked,’’I reckon that we landed on the outer part of the forest, north-east.’’

Gawain widened his eyes in shock,’’How do you know?! All I see are trees and grasses!’’

Instead of directly answering, he walked to a nearby tree then explained,’’Look at the mosses that grow on this tree and don’t you smell a faint scent of a swamp? Among the places that have high humidity in the air, only the north-east part fits the characteristic. In addition, the forest is not that thick so it is probably an outer part. Number 1, don’t you think so?’’

The last question was directed at Shi Shen to which he replied with a nod so Gawain grabbed this opportunity and said,’’How about Rowley be the leader of our team? He is the most capable here!’’

Ulric quickly supported his idea,"That's right."

Seeing this, Shi Shen was simply too lazy to talk to them so he just waited for their show to end.

Suddenly, Rowley turned to talk to him,‘’Stewart, give your teleportation charm to me. I will keep it for you in my spatial ring.’’

Shi Shen lightly chuckled,’’No need to. I can keep it by myself.’’