50. I trust you

"Let me DJ," Caitlynn argued.

"Fine," Zach caved and passed her the aux chord.

"Yay!" She cheered and hooked her phone up.

The song started to play over the car and I held in a laugh.

"No, turn it off." Trevor shook his head.

"So, no I don't want your number,
No, I don't want to give you mine and,
No, I don't want to meet you nowhere
No, I don't want none of your time." She sang.

I joined in and we started to sing together.

"No I don't want no scrub,
A scrub is guy that can't get no love from me,
Hangin out the passenger side of his best friends ride
Trying to holla at me
I don't want no scrub,
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me,
Hangin out the passenger side of his best friends ride
Trying to holla at me."

Amy is laughing beside me,
Probably remembering the guys performance from last night.

"I hate you guys." Zach said, a smile threatening to break out on his face.

"I just wish I had taken a video of that performance." Cait sighed.

I was kinda surprised she didn't. She was so wrapped in the moment I don't think it even crossed her mind.

"Well your wish is about to be granted." Amy said pulling out her phone.

"You didn't!" Cait gasped.

"I did." She nodded.

I let out a loud laugh.

"Amy that goes to no one, delete that shit." Trevor yelled from the drivers seat.

She just smiled and within seconds my phone went off.

Sure enough there was the video, ready for me to watch as many times as I wanted.

"Who'd you send that to?" I asked her.

"Just you two, and Trevor's mom." Amy covered her mouth trying to hold in her laugh.

"Amy! You did not send that to my mom." Trevor's jaw dropped.

"Sorry." The laugh she was holding in bubbled out of her.

Trevor groaned.

"I can't wait to get home, I got to see how your mom reacts." Zach laughed.

"Don't forget you're in that video too." Trevor shot back.

Zach just waved him off and swayed to the music.

The weekend had been amazing and being able to spend time with my friends was everything I needed. It was everything being able to escape my house even if it was just for a couple days.

Trevor walked me to my front door. I knew once I walked into my house I had to try and talk things out with my mom but right now I just wanted to savor the last few moments I had with Trevor.

"Text me later ok? If things get crazy you can always escape to my house." He assured me.

I nodded. I knew he always had my back no matter what.

"I love you." I pulled him into a hug.

"I love you too." He kissed the top of my head.

I just let myself relax into his arms for a moment. I needed his support for this.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" He pulled away and looked at my face.

I shook my head.

"I had a great time with you this weekend." He cupped my cheeks and pressed his lips against mine.

I melted into him and just enjoyed the feeling of his lips against mine. I wanted to stay here with him forever but I knew I couldn't.

"I'll call you later ok?." I pulled away and smiled at him.

"I'll be waiting." He gave me one last quick kiss before walking back towards his car.

This was it, time to face my mom.

I swing my front door open to the sound of voices. It was my parents, I don't think I had heard them talk to each other in awhile.

"I'm home," I announced as I walked into the kitchen.

They both were sitting at the table together, my mom had a cup of tea placed in front of her and my dad had some papers, which I guessed was from work.

He looked up at me and collected his things off the table.

"How was your trip?" He asked as he stuffed the papers into a folder.

"Good, it was the perfect way to start off my spring break." I smiled.

This was weird, my parents weren't acting like themselves. I was beginning to thing in the time I was gone someone came and kidnapped them, leaving behind these clones.

"I'm glad you had a good time, I got some last minute things to finish before bed." He excused himself and walked towards his office.

That left just me and my mom. I looked down at my feet trying to figure out what the right thing to say was.

"Sit," my mom gestured to the chair my dad just abandoned.

I listened and took the seat.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those things." I blurted out.

I felt awful for some of the things I had said in the heat of the moment.

"Don't apologize for saying how you felt. I get things are not easy and I want you to know that I am going to try to be better."

I hadn't expected her to say those things, I thought about how this would go and with all the possibilities I had concocted none of them went like this.

"I hope you know I appreciate your opinion and I was not mad that you chose to express it. I was mad because you need to let me do what I want with your opinion, I need to make my own decisions even if you think they are mistakes." I explained to her.

"You really like this boy don't you?" She sighed.

"I love him mom, I know you don't think he's good for me but you don't know him. He's been nothing but amazing to me and yes we've had some bumps but he accepts me for everything I am. I won't break up with him because you can't see how amazing he is." It felt good to get everything off my chest.

Trevor had been there for me more than my parents have. He's the one that helped me feel like I mattered. He saw me like no one had before.

"I just want you to be happy." She said.

"I am." I smiled.

She nodded and just sat there for a second.

"I trust you Ella. I trust you to make your own decisions and I am sorry that I didn't trust you before."

I got up and went over to my mom and captured her into a hug.

"Thank you mom." I was so grateful for this moment.

I didn't want to argue with my mom, I loved her. It felt good that finally she trusted me to just make my own choices. If Trevor was a mistake and if he ended up breaking my heart it would all be worth it still. He made me happy and no matter how hurt I'd be if he hurt me I'd at least know how amazing it felt to love someone like I love him.

A/n:

I'm on my way to my family vacation so I don't know how my upload schedule will hold up so if I don't end up posting this week I'll definitely get one up when I get home.

Anyways I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote.

-Cora Leigh