a tender moment to remember

link rose an eyebrow, his expression changing from concern to confusion. you let go of him fully, letting your arms drop by your sides. link placed a finger on his chin and thought for a while.

"y/n, maybe it was just a nightmare? what happened exactly?"

you and link sat down on the stairs of zora's domain and you explained everything in great detail. you remembered the dream so vividly, the pink tree, the memories, the voices, the screams. after explaining your strange dream you cautiously looked over at link to see his reaction.

link already had a pretty heavy weight on his shoulders, saving hyrule and all, and you didn't want to seem like you were adding even more weight. his expression showed concern, his eyes narrowing in deep thought as he thought about your dream. you felt scared, worried that he'd judge you or leave you because of your own weight on your shoulders. but what link did next made all of those thoughts disappear into thin air.

the hero slowly brought an arm around you as the downpour of the rain got heavier and heavier. despite the cold water droplets hitting your frame, link's own body created immense heat and warmed you up almost immediately. you sighed as he pulled you into his side, his hylian hood wrapping around the both of you.

you looked up at link, your e/c eyes searching through his mesmerising blue ones. you searched for any negative emotions or reactions, but only found signs of comfort and acceptance. link raised a hand to your soft face, his fingers barely touching your chin as his eyes stared so deeply into yours. you felt your breath get caught in your throat and you felt your heart beating faster and faster.

link blinked ever so slowly.

his delicate and thick eyelashes covering his electric blue eyes for a second, then revealing the brightness of his irises once again.

you could feel yourself fall deeper into your feelings, the hole where you found yourself getting deeper and deeper without having an escape.

you knew your feeling by now. you knew that they were true, and would always be even if he didn't love you back.

link's index finger and thumb held your chin as he looked at all of your features on your s/c face. his faint pink lips turning up into a small smile as he laid his eyes on your lips.

it felt like time had stopped.

link leaned in, ever so slowly, his lean body getting closer and closer to yours as he kept moving forward. you did the same, the beating in your chest growing louder and stronger.

was this it?

was this how link was going to tell you how he felt?

"link! it's time to board vah ruta, my people have waited long enough..."

"damn it."

you and link instantly pulled away, his hood leaving your body and draping over his. disappointment washed over you as you watched link stand up, his clothes fully drenched from the downpour.

he turned to you and gave you his most gorgeous smile.

"wish me luck."

and like that, link started to walk away with sidon, a simple bow and sword on his back and a knight's shield on his arm. you saw the hylian and the zora prince get further and further away, your heart still pounding against your chest.

as if your heart took over, you found yourself sprinting towards the two, your mouth forming into his name.

"link!"

link turned around and stared at you curiously as he watched you run towards him through the heavy rain. sidon watched you as well, knowing what you were doing. the prince smirked.

you stopped a few metres in front of him, your shoulders moving up and down hastily from the distance you ran. link stared at you, his eyes looking up and down at you as you slowly walked to him.

you shouted over the rain.

"link! before you go, i want you to know something! i don't know what will happen once i tell you, but i feel like you have the right to know! link, i—"

-

"what? i can't hear you over the rain, y/n!"

-

"i said, link i lo—"

-

"i still can't hear you!"

you rolled your eyes playfully and rushed over to link, the beating in your chest was getting louder and louder in your ears as you neared link. link looked extremely confused at your gesture, his eyes frantically looking everywhere but your eyes.

you softly grabbed the hem of link's tunic and pulled it towards you.

oh goddesses.

his lips.

link's lips were softer than any cloud and sweeter than any candy.

you closed your eyes, your mouth moving in sync with the hero's as his eyes fluttered and hid his electric eyes. link wrapped an arm around your waist, pulling you closer to him as if he'd lose you if he pulled away. both of your hands were on his chest, your fingers scrunching up his tunic.

link's eyes scrunched and squeezed slightly as he focused on the sweet moment of the tender kiss. he wanted this to last forever, you could tell that he was waiting to do the same for so long. you smiled into the kiss as he lightly bit your lip, making you moan a bit.

you pulled away, a large smile on your wet face as you looked lovingly into his eyes. link returned your smile and pulled you into a loving embrace as he whispered into your ear.

"i will come back to you. wait for me y/n and i'll be by your side forever."