five

— 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
( 𝘛𝘌𝘙𝘔𝘐𝘕𝘜𝘚. )

MAGGIE, SASHA, and Bob were on the road when they saw the car full of arguing strangers

MAGGIE, SASHA, and Bob were on the road when they saw the car full of arguing strangers. As soon as Eugene pointed the unknown group to their attention, Murphy grinned and opened the door to her side of the car. She walked around the vehicle and up to the young brunette woman, "Are you Maggie?"

The brunette's brows furrowed in confusion before her eyes widened, "Yes, I am. Have you seen my husband? Have you seen Glenn?"

"Yes, he's been looking for you!" Murphy said, a smile breaking out across her face before it fell. "He went through that tunnel that you just came out of... following you."

Maggie's breath caught in her throat, "Shit. Okay we've got to go. Hey! You three, bring the car!"

Abraham and Rosita made eye contact before Abraham turned back towards Maggie, "Now, hold on just a damn second. We ain't goin' anywhere with you. We don't even know who you are."

Murphy walked over and opened the sliding door of the minivan, "Any friend of Glenn is a friend of ours. This is his wife. The one you said he'd never find again. We owe him."

"We don't owe him nothin'," Abraham said, climbing out of the car. He looked back at Maggie with a sour expression. "We'll help, but don't expect this from us again."

"Hey, speak for yourself," Murphy interjected, reaching into the car and grabbing her rifle. She turned back to Maggie with a small smile on her lips. "Okay, where's the exit of the tunnel?"

Maggie turned around and nodded to who Murphy assumed to be Sasha and Bob. They all climbed into the minivan, and Maggie filled them in, "We were walking through the tunnel when we were ambushed by a pack of walkers. There were too many, so I prayed to god and aimed upwards with my gun. The whole ceiling came down on top of 'em, but there were more. I don't think that Glenn could make it through alone."

"Well he's not alone," Murphy responded. "There was a girl. Tara. She said she was part of the attack on your home, but Glenn rescued her once he went back to look for you."

Maggie's lips turned upwards, "That's Glenn."

Murphy turned towards Sasha and Bob, "I'm Murphy, by the way. This is Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene."

"Sasha," the woman responded with a smile.

"Bob," the other said with a nod.

After a moment of silence save for wind blowing through the open windows of the car, the tunnel came into view. Screeches and growls of walkers could be heard from the inside. Maggie turned backwards to the rest of her group and asked, "Y'all ready?"

Abraham released a sharp breath of air through his mouth. Maggie turned to look back into the black abyss of the tunnel, praying that her husband was still alive. They drove for a minute with nothing in sight, before something in the distance illuminated by the headlights caught their eyes. A herd of walkers.