87 ~ back from away

(Chae pov)

(Chae pov)

Chaeyoung looked around at all the other students as Lisa pulled into the parking lot. Her hands were in her lap, foot tapping on the car floor.

The car ride wasn't as bad as Roseanne anticipated it to be, probably because she took her medicine after breakfast and before getting in the car.

She never would have thought she had anxiety from the ptsd, but after taking the prescribed pills for it, she's noticed a difference.

"You okay?" Lisa questioned her after they pulled into a spot. Lis probably saw that she looked nervous. Because she was.

"Um... just, a little scared."

"Hey, it will be okay." Lisa spoke, reaching out and cupping her cheek. "We have your homework, your blonde hair, your smarts and adorable ness. Is there anything I'm missing?"

"My kiss."

"Oh yeah, that's right." Lisa smiled, kissing her sweetly. "Let's go okay. No one is going to say anything bad about my baby. Not on my watch."

"O-Okay." Chaeyoung smiled a bit. Lisa opening the door and walking over as Chaeyoung looked at herself in the mirror.

For some reason, even though she knew she looked better, she felt more scared because of it. When she was younger, Roseanne would have loved looking nice and seeing people's reactions to her.

But now, she wanted to remain invisible. Invisible to everyone except for her new family and friends.

"Hey, don't be nervous. You look beautiful." Lisa whispered to her after opening the door and waiting. Lisa's fingers running through Chaeyoung's long, blonde hair.

Roseanne nodded her head and pulled away from her reflection, lifting herself out of the car with Lisa's help.

Lisa admired her for a second, Chaeyoung just standing there and waiting. Lisa then leaned in again and kissed her, their mouths dancing as Chaeyoung's back rested on the car door.

"What was that for?" She asked after they pulled away slowly.

Lisa smiled and intertwined their fingers. "Nothing, I just knew I wouldn't be able to do it once we were inside."

Chaeyoung smiled sheepishly before they walked out of the parking lot and into the building. The second they entered, Chaeyoung could practically sense the eyes falling onto her.

She just kept her head down and hand in Lisa's, leaning against her as they walked to their first.

As they walked past their teachers desk, he made an abrupt 'ahem' and stood up, looking at them. "It's good to see you again Chaeyoung. Feeling better I'm guessing?"

You would think Chae would be happy hearing this, but the tone in his voice let Chaeyoung know her teacher was not pleased by her absence.

She glanced away from him and towards the seats. Any student that was in the room had their eyes on her.