six! ⋆ GIVE IT BACK

( songs for the chapter )⋆ band on the run // paul mccartney & wings

⋆ band on the run // paul mccartney & wings

KATE DREADED THE FOLLOWING MORNING, and not just because of the huge migraine she was bound to have

KATE DREADED THE FOLLOWING MORNING, and not just because of the huge migraine she was bound to have. She didn't want to face her dad, or Tommy, or even Steve. Kate needed another few days of sleep before she could even think about facing the repercussions of the night before.

On her bedside table, sat a glass of water and three pain killers, obviously left by Jim. She moved like a sloth as she got up and reached for the pills, trying her best not to trigger an even worse headache. She took them all at once before getting ready for school; Jim waited on her the entire time. He'd made french toast with a side of bacon for the two of them, because he couldn't recall the last time they'd sat down and had breakfast together.

Kate had just sat down at the table as Jim doused their food in syrup. It was silent for a few moments, as the two of them took slow bites of their breakfast. Jim finally spoke — the moment Kate had been dreading all morning.

"Do you want to tell me want happened last night?" he asked before he took a bite of bacon.

"Not really," Kate answered honestly with an awkward laugh, hoping that would be the end of that conversation. But, of course, it wasn't.

"You tell me you're going over to Steve's for the night. And then you call me at midnight, crying. I had to carry you to your room because you were too drunk to walk," Her dad explained, thinking she probably didn't remember too much from last night. "I think I deserve an explanation."

Kate toyed with the small remnants of her food, suddenly not feeling hungry anymore. "A few people were over, and they were all drinking and I wanted to try it, too. Steve and I just got into a fight, and that's when I called you."

"What'd you fight about?"

"Does it matter?"

"...Maybe," Jim shrugged before taking a rather large bite of the french toast left on his plate. Kate shook her head before getting up to put her plate in the sink.