Racket Near The Packet

It is a bright early morning sunrise in Rockwell. A young girl with (hair colour) hair, known as (Full Name), was cycling down a street at a fast pace, smiling as the wind went through her (hair length) hair. Beside her, would be her best friend, Hogarth Hughes, peddling as fast as he could in order to keep up with her.

''C'mon, slow-poke!'' She called behind her. Hogarth rolled his eyes.

''Hey! I haven't got any energy left! Unlike you, I spent five minutes chasing my new pet around!'' They laugh as they skid to a stop out side 'Chat 'n Chew Diner'. They lean their bikes up against a wall.

''She's not going to let you keep it,'' (Name) smiled.

''It is not wise to underestimate my powers of persuasion,'' Hogarth replies, leaning towards (Name)'s face as he wiggled his eyebrows, a smug look on his face. (Name) rolls her eyes, laughing as she shoves his face away with her hand.

''Hey,'' He complains, shooing her hand out of his face as he smiled slightly, picking up a box from the back of his bike, undoing the make-shift rope that, somehow, secured it in position.

''After the Raccoon, I'll be surprised if she lets you keep a Goldfish,'' She said as the two made their way towards the Diner's door.

''After you,'' Hogarth said, opening the door for his friend, he's always done this, (Name) assumed it was because the two were great friends.

''Why, thank you,'' (Name) said, curtsying slightly, using her large jacket as the ends of her dress, bringing them up.

Hogarth snorted in amusement, ''Yeah, yeah, jut get in would you, before I slam it in your face,'' He teased.

(Name) rolled her eyes, walking inside, Hogarth following pursuit. They look around the slightly crowded Diner, trying to find Hogarth's mum.

''Over here, Honey!'' The kids look to see his mother, Annie Hughes, at the bar, waving at them. They quickly approach, taking a stool each, Hogarth placing one on the extra stool beside him.

''Hey, mum! You won't believe our good luck - guess what we've found?'' Hogarth said. Annie knew what was going on straight away.

''Hogarth, we've been over this, no pets,'' She said, whilst juggling a few things in her hands, trying to do multiple jobs at once.

''But he's not a pet mum, he's a friend,'' Hogarth told her, softening his voice, sounding sad. (Name) narrowed her eyes at him. realising the game he was playing. The manipulative little thing he was.

''Hogarth, we've got to rent a room this year if we're going to make ends meet, and no one wants to live in a place with shredded upholstery,'' His mother explained, trying to sound sympathetic.

''You'll never know he's there. I'll keep him in a cage,'' Hogarth told her. (Name) watched the two with interest, kinda wishing her relationship with her parents was like that. Both her parents were in the army. She didn't really see them that much, but that was okay - she had Hogarth.

''Until you feel sorry for him and set him free - in the house... You remember the Raccoon, Hogarth?'' Annie shudders. ''I remember the Raccoon.''

(Name) remembered the Raccoon too, a small giggle escaping her lips, she hid it behind a cough when the two turned to look at her. Hogarth was smiling, proud of something. Annie was trying to look stern, but she couldn't manage it for very long, she adored her sons friend.

''Please, mum, at least look at him,'' He begged, finally winning his mother over, at least a little.

''All right, where is this guy?'' She asked, putting her hands on her hips, sighing through her nose as she tried not to smile.