Chapter 16

Chase POV

Taylor snuggled into one of our pillows as well as the fuzzy grey blanket while napping on the couch in our shared office. He looked so cute and precious it was almost impossible to not go over to him and cuddle him to death.

"Guys, I think I've found something." Chance said out of no where.

Corey and I looked up from our desks and Chance was typing furiously on his keyboard.

"What'd you find?"

We are currently trying to locate Taylor's missing brother. Grayson Tate Lopez. But finding someone isn't that easy.

Every single werewolf is recorded in the councils data base but not everyone can access it.

Only a few selected officials can look into the files and we, are not one of them. Instead, we have to do it the hard way.

Social media, news reports, missing persons reports, anything we could think of. It was rather difficult because werewolves try to stay out of the eye of the public. That's means they aren't likely to appear on the news. If they want a social media account, it's private and only pack members can follow it. And that bastard Taylor calls his 'father' wouldn't care enough to look for him after he ran.

Corey and I went over to look at Chance's screen. I picture was pulled up and basic facts. It was a pack record.

Every pack member has one. The Alpha of the pack has them all saved in a hard drive that they keep safe.

The kid was a complete opposite of Taylor. Nicely cut blond hair with the sides short and the top long, blue eyes, and a set off dinples tgat he shared with Taylor. But Taylor's are cuter. He's good looking, but he's not on Taylor's level of beauty. Nobody is.

"Since we couldn't find anything online, I decided to call a few packs around Taylor's old house." Chance spoke. "I almost gave up calling before one pack, Alpha Quinn's pack, said that he used to have a pack member named Grayson Lopez before he found his mate and switched packs."

"What pack did he switch to?"

Chance cleared his throat and looked up. "The Golden Lake pack."

We all shared uneasy glances.

Alpha Lukas, the alpha of the pack, is quite cold and ruthless. He didn't hate us, but you wouldn't call us friends. I personally don't think he has genuine feelings for anyone.

He's the largest pack and America and has around two hundred or so pack members than us.

"Who's Grayson's mate?" Corey asks.

"The Alpha himself."

I groan and pinch the bridge of my nose. "If you think about it, that could be an advantage." Chance points out.

"Why's that?" I ask.

"Because." He starts. "He would most likely want to make his mate happy and reuniting him with his long lost brother would probably make him overjoyed."

"Before he'd even mention anything to his mate, he'll probably do a full background check on us and Taylor."

"Think how happy Taylor would be." I sighed, dreamily.

"He'd love us even more." Corey smiled.

"That's something I want him to be everyday." Chance said and we all agreed. If Taylor's happy, then we're happy.

"Alright. I'll call him tomorrow morning."

"Nobody tells Taylor. It'll be a surprise!"

We all agree to keep it a secret and I steal a glance at Taylor. He's adorable when he sleeps. His face squished against the blanket, drool collecting at the corner of his mouth, his dark eyelashes contrasting against his pale skin, he was perfect.

He will always be perfect in our eyes.

"How long have they been mates?"

"Uhm..." Chance check his computer. "Since Grayson was 15, he's 20 now. So 5 years."

"He's young compared to Alpha Lukas. That guy's like 27 now."

"Their relationship is not our problem." Corey broke our banter and we all agree.

"We should go out Taylor in a proper bed." Chance pointed out and I went over to pick him up. I keep him wrapped in the blanket in my arms and we go up to our room.

Chance gets to stay with Taylor and sleep while Corey and I have to force ourselves to stay up and run border patrol.

I can't wait to sleep with my baby.

*****

Chance POV

"Hello, this is Alpha Chance from the Diamond Spear pack. I was wondering if I could speak with the Alpha." I spoke into the phone to the pack member that answered.

"Ok. Let me check if Alpha is available at the moment." They paused and I was left waiting.

"He can't make it to the phone at the moment. Is there a message I can pass on to him, Alpha Chance?"

I sigh. "Tell him it's important and it regards both my mate and his. That is all."

"Ok. Have a good day Alpha."

"You as well. Goodbye."

I hung up and grunted.

Stupid alpha. Answer your calls.

I put the phone and as soon as I did, it started ringing. I look at the caller I.D. and it's the pack I just got off a call with.

I answer and I try not to sound annoyed. It better be the 'busy' alpha.

"Alpha Chance." I answer and Alpha Lukas' voice floods through the phone.

"What do you mean by there's something concerning between my mate and yours!?"

I pull the phone away from my ear and I can still hear his yelling. To be honest, I would freak out to.

"As you must know by now, your mate has a brother that he lost when he was 11. Correct me if I'm wrong."
______________________________________

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY FUCKERS

A.k.A. Polluting the Earth Day

I hope y'all stayed safe and no one was injured to badly. I shot some clay pigeons and now my arms black and blue and I broke a blood vessel (I was wearing a tank top). Fun times. I hit all of them so it was worth it.

What was your favorite part/firework of the holiday? If you don't celebrate, then whats your favorite holiday?

Have a good day/night!

Keeks