Mr. Colonel Sir

"Hey, May! I'm home!" Peter calls into the apartment as he shuts the door behind him. It's been a long day, but it isn't over yet. He has to update May on everything that happened over the weekend and at school that morning. He'd be surprised if she weren't an emotional wreck.

Tony and Peter spent a few hours in the workshop upgrading Droney and repairing the suit. It's still dirty and needs to be washed, but besides that it's practically as good as new. The situation was a bit tense at first with Peter being emotionally drained and Tony trying to not be awkward, but it became more natural once they started working. They kept each other company, talked about different hallucinogenic neurotoxins, and had some laughs. It was a nice change of pace. Now Peter just have to survive May, which is a lot easier said than done.

"I'm in the kitchen!" May calls. Well that's never a good sign, Peter thinks. He throws his backpack onto the sofa and pulls his headphones out before walking into the kitchen.

"The smoke alarms aren't going off, so that's a plus." He leans his elbows on the light blue countertop next to the oven as May pulls out a plastic tray from the microwave. "Oh that makes sense. Microwaveable meals don't cook, let alone catch on fire." May turns around and raises a challenging eyebrow at him.

"You better watch it, mister. I wouldn't go insulting your only source of income," she teases while handing him the meal.

"Thanks, May." Peter smiles gratefully. May fixes her nephew's messy hair.

"How was training with Stark?" she asks, obviously still amused that he hangs out with Tony. They walk over to the couch and Peter plops down. He can tell she's trying to get some answers about Mysterio without being outright interrogating.

"Well we kinda got...distracted." Peter peels the plastic off the top of his dinner and pokes the mushy green beans.

"Distracted how?" May inquires curiously.

"Y'know how there was that fire alarm issue at the school this morning?" Peter keeps his eyes on his soggy food, but he sees his aunt nod out of the corner of his eye. "It actually had to do with why Mr. Stark and I were fighting near the Tower this weekend." Better just get it out of the way as honestly as possible, considering he hasn't been all that honest lately.

"So, they're connected? How?" He notices May freeze and a dreadful tone creeps into her voice. "Does someone know that you're-"

"No!" Peter quickly reassures her, now facing her. "No, no one else knows who I am. It's a pure coincidence that he attacked Midtown." May only looks more confused.

"He?"

"Well, we think they're a 'he' based on the voice but who knows what he could do to change his voice. Plus it's kinda hard to tell with the, uh," Peter raises his hands over his head to accentuate his words "big fishbowl head." May blinks at him a few times and he just stays with his arms raised.

"Okay, you lost me." Peter sighs and floofs his hair with both of his hands.

"So there's this new villain dude who wears a glass helmet. Don't ask me why, it makes no sense and I'm not his fashion designer. If I were, he'd look way cooler. He goes by 'Mysterio' and seems to have this performer schtick going on. It'd be really hilarious if it weren't for the hallucinogenic gas he uses and he's, like, wicked fast and-"

"Wait wait wait," May interrupts. "slow down." Peter slowly nods and takes a few breaths. "Hallucinogens? Like LSD?"

"Kinda? I was thinking more like PCP. Either way, it wasn't fun." It's nice to have another person who's knowledgeable about drugs and medication.