Chapter 35 - Alpha Pact

After staring at the spot Scott was previously standing for a few seconds or minutes, pretty numb to time at this moment I suck in a quick breath through my nose at the thought of remembering the paramedic that Kali killed.

Stiles looks to me with his silent question before I clear my throat and answer "We umm– we need to call the police about the paramedic in the garage"

Recognition crosses his features as he nods and pulls his phone out of pocket making the call. I look up at the clouds feeling the wind on my face listening to his words as he fills 9-1-1 in on the scene at the hospital.

Once he ends the call he widens his eyes "Shit Derek–" right he's still in the elevator

We rush down the steps and into the hallway that leads us to the floor the elevator with Derek is on.

Finding him still passed out, we each kneel on either side of him and try to wake him up.

I set my hands on the shoulder nearest me and shake him gently yet just as urgently "Derek?"

No receiving and answer,  Stiles makes a noise "Fuck it– watch out Adds" and shifts his body to gain momentum.

I sit back on my heels and watch as he lifts his hand up to smack Derek right across the face.

I widen my eyes as he grunts and shouts towards his face "Derek, come on!"

Stiles reaches back and smacks him again causing myself to flinch back with the noise and offer "Maybe there's a different way–"

Stiles lifts his eyes to me as he raises his arm back and shrugs "Got any other ideas to quickly wake him up?" Not even a one

I shake my head and lift my hands out for him to continue, he raises his hand closing it into a fist before swinging forward, however, he doesn't make the hit as Derek opens his eyes and catches Stiles' arm in the air.

He moves his eyes between us and the empty elevator grunting out "Where is she?"

Stiles takes a breath in to frantically answer him "Jennifer? Gone with Addy and Scott's mom–"

"She took her?" Derek swings his eyes over to mine and furrows his brows as he sits up a little.

I offer him a nod as my answer since words are failing me at the moment and Stiles sighs to rush out "Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here"

Stiles pulls him forward as I lift behind his shoulders and Derek lets out a surprised "Whoa– wait what about Cora?"

We help him stand and start to move towards the door of the elevator as I fill in for him "She's safe– Isaac and Peter took her to meet Allison and Chris just down the road."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Derek left to get Cora from Allison while Stiles and I stayed behind to hold off the cops from catching up with everyone.

We're sitting on a bench watching as not only the Beacon Hills deputies walk around, but also the FBI.

I close my eyes and lean my head back against the wall adding "Think they'll let us leave soon?" not like I'm in a hot hurry to go home to an empty house