Important Questions

* One day later *

You looked at the number on the door, then back down at the paper in your hand. " 408" You said to yourself. The number matched, and you knocked on the door. A few seconds later, a very annoyed looking Mike appeared at the door. " Yes? What is I- Oh. (Y/N), what are you doing here?" He asked, his face turning into one of confusion. " I need to ask you a few questions. " You answered him. " Could I come inside?" Mike opened the door a bit wider, letting you step inside. " Y'know, there is a thing called a phone. You can talk to people over them, without needing to visit them without warning. " Mike said as you walked inside. You ignored him, and looked around.  Mike's apartment was small, not unlike yours, but it was quite messy. You knew that Mike was lazy, but it looked like he hadn't cleaned house in weeks. 

Mike closed the door behind you, then sat back down on the couch that was next to the door. He had a small tv opposite from it, but it was turned off. " Well, Mr. Investigator, take a seat. " Mike said sarcastically. " What do you need to ask me?" You sat down next to him, and faced him. " I need to ask you a few questions about Cal. " You told him. Mike's face hardened, and his joking demeanor was dropped. " What... do you want to know about him? " He eventually said. " Cal was just his nickname, right? What was his real name?" You asked. Mike seemed shocked that you knew that. " Seth. That was his name. He never liked it, reminded him of his parents. "

You nodded slowly. " Did he not like his parents?" You asked. Mike looked away from you, the subject obviously painful. " No... They used to beat him until I took him in. He lived with me for a while..." Mike trailed off, probably trying to remember Seth. " How old was he?" You asked, this question out of curiosity more than anything. " 15. " Mike answered. He looked away from you again. After a long silence, he spoke again. "  It's... hard to accept that he's... gone..." A tear slid down Mike's cheek, and you wondered whether you should tell him or not that Seth was actually Payne. You made a decision before talking again. " He's not gone. He's right where you left him. " You said after a pause. Mike wiped a tear off of his face. " In the suit? That's impossible, he had a funeral... His body was buried. How could he be in the suit?" Mike demanded. 

" It's not his physical body that's in the suit, it's his spiritual one. " Mike raised up his hands at your answer. " I don't believe any of that religious bullshit! Give me a straight answer!" Mike yelled at you. " He's possessing the suit! " You yelled back, quelling Mike's outburst. Mike seemed dumbfounded. " He... is?" He asked, his voice quite a bit quieter than before. You nodded. " Yes. " You confirmed. " But he doesn't remember much though. He did remember you, however. " Mike took a second to take in this information. " I have to see this for myself. " He said, getting up. You stood up too, and grabbed him by the arm. " We shouldn't rush this. We both share the dayshift and nightshift on Monday. Just wait the two days, and give it some thought. " You slowly released your grip on Mike's arm, waiting to see if he would agree. He nodded to himself after a short silence, then looked back at you. " You're right. I guess I'll see you later. " He said, sitting back down on the couch. 

You stayed at Mike's apartment for a few minutes longer, then decided to leave. You got off of the couch, and walked towards the door. " And (Y/N)?" Mike asked, turning around to look at you. " I just wanted to say... Thank you. Thank you for telling me about Seth. " You smiled, and said, " That's what friends are for. Even if it is informing another friend that there is a possessed animatronic walking around. " Mike smiled as well, and you left. Once you closed the door behind you, you sighed. " Man, he needs to clean his apartment. " You muttered under your breath as you walked back to your car. 

* Monday *

You pulled into the parking lot of Freddy Fazbears, and found a parking spot. You put the car into park, and got out. After grabbing the keys, you walked into the building. Scott sat at the reception desk, looking very tired. But then again, you couldn't really tell, as his head was quite literally a phone. He looked up at you, and began to grab one of the papers from inside the drawer. " Afton finally made a schedule that makes sense. " He explained, handing you a paper. It wasn't much different than your usual work hours, but still a change nevertheless. You worked weekdays, and had the weekends off. You said your thanks to Scott, and walked towards the night guard's office. You sat in the chair, and read the rest of the schedule. You had office duty today, and tomorrow you would be in one of the party rooms. You sighed, and pulled up the camera monitor. You flipped through the cameras, already bored. You eventually flipped over to the Parts and Service room.