101

C H A P T E R 101

Remus was eager to start searching and researching for the next horcrux. Dumbledore had successfully destroyed the ring with the Sword of Gryffindor, knowing it could destroy horcruxes due to it already destroying the locket. They were now back to square one. Dumbledore had given Remus access to the pensieve and the memories he had collected from Tom Riddle's so he could do more digging and find out if they were any closer to defeating him. Dumbledore had told him to take a particular look at one memory having to do with a certain former teacher of Voldemort. Dumbledore kept this in mind from the start but they at least had a lead on where the ring might be. So much had been going on that at least now the Headmaster could organize his thoughts and start developing an actual plan moving forward.

He also instantly recognized the ring as the Resurrection Stone. This was another huge realization that Dumbledore had to put on the back burner because of everything else going on during this hectic school year. It seemed that everything was coming up at once and even the wise wizard hasn't had a chance to reflect on it all.

Dumbledore decided to invite Remus over for the afternoon so they could talk about everything and see where they were at. Everything in his mind was a jumbled mess and he needed to talk to someone else to straighten everything out.

Remus came right over and took out a quill to write everything they had accomplished down. "So we have successfully destroyed three horcruxes: the diary, the locket, and now the ring, which also happens to be the resurrection stone. Are you sure that's what it is, Albus? You believe that old wise tale from that book of children's stories?"

"At first I was skeptical but then I did some researching on the Peverell family and came across two living families that came from two of the three brothers. Care to ask who those two families are?"

Remus thought for a moment. It was evident that one had to be that Gaunt family as that explains why the ring was in their possession, but the other family was escaping him. "I know one being the Gaunts but not the other."

Dumbledore smiled softly. He knew Remus would recognize it instantly if he told him. "I am sure you might figure out the answer if I said it was something that one of your old dear friends use to own...and now has been passed down to his son."

Remus sighed and did not like when Dumbledore played these allusive mind games and would just tell him. But Dumbledore always wanted to train one's thinking and never make it easy because nothing in life ever came easy. He thought about his old friends and what prized item one of them owned....then it came to him. Dumbledore noticed the pieces coming together in Remus' eyes and nodded in confirmation.

"Yes," he said softly. "The Invisibility Cloak is indeed one of the Deathly Hallows. It has been passed down through the Potter family and now rests with Harry himself."

"Interesting," Remus mused. "But does this have anything to do with our horcrux search?"

"Technically it does not but it is something Voldemort could be looking into or already is. He may be looking into who owns the Elder Wand," Dumbledore explained, hoping Remus did not catch him slightly looking down at his own wand. "Personally I do not believe that one can be the Master of Death as the tale explains but Voldemort might and that can become an issue."

Remus nodded, still unsure of how the Deathly Hallows played a role in all of this but knew that Voldemort would believe it instantly and begin his search...especially for the Elder Wand. His search for that would be come an issue if he believed it to be the one thing that could help him defeat Harry.