26~ I'm A Survivor (Kinda)

Names continued to flicker out on the board much faster than I expected.

I had no clue where I was nor how big the maze was.

People rushed past me and the fear pounding through me had made me turned invisible to everyone else as defensive mechanism. I could turn visible if I really wanted to, but when Genies became insanely uncomfortable in their situations they automatically cloak themselves.

More names flickered out on the board. In fifteen minutes only eight people remained.

I realized that with less people and less screaming, it was harder to find everyone. We were all spread out now and hunting each other in the maze.

Of course my name was still on the board and not surprisingly so was 'Agent Seagull'.

With not as many people crying bloody murder everywhere and rounding every corner possible I finally tried to shed my cloak.

Did I feel any guilt for technically cheating with my magic? Hell no. I'd rather save my ass than play a game fairly. But it would start growing weird to people if 'Agent Love' was suddenly no longer to be found anywhere.

Where the heck was Jungkook?

An unexplainable thrill went through me at the thought that Jungkook was somewhere out in the same maze as me with a blaster, being the king... wait a minute? What was I thinking? No way was I rooting for that stupid sea bird.

I heard the footsteps before the person rounded the corner. Without quite meaning to I began screaming in terror. I held down the trigger, a green beam shooting from my gun and began wildly waving my gun at my opponent.

Somehow, miraculously, the laser hit the person's vest before theirs hit mine and 'IMSUPERGAY' flickered out on the board.

"Holy crap, lady, this is laser tag," my opponent cried out after he was shot. "Not the Conjuring!

I grimaced and without realizing it I cloaked myself again in my embarrassment.

The opponent had been walking past me paused and stared at the place where I'd seemingly vaporized.

Whoops.

Thankfully he eventually just shook his head and moved on. Probably blamed it on the hazy lighting.

It had to be a solid ten more minutes and in that time five more people's name flickered out on the board. Only three people remained now: Agent Love, Agent Seagull, and the Terminator.

"Terminator?" I breathed. "What the actual heck?"

An eerie silence now fell across the maze. I reluctantly once again shed my cloak. Vulnerability shot through me at how brightly my vest was lighting up everything around me.

I concluded I hated laser tag more than anything I'd ever experienced before. And remember, this is the girl who witnessed several guillotine beheadings in the French Revolution. Okay, so maybe laser tag wasn't that bad. But I hated it.

The dark dread in the air seemed only ten times heavier in this eerie new room filled with shadows and neon flashing lights.

My ears were strained in every direction for any noise.

I carefully continued to move around the maze. A small sound caught my ear and I whirled around as the walls of the maze behind me began to grow in light, signaling someone in a colored vest was approaching quickly.

I immediately took off without hesitation when seeing that and the loud footsteps behind me told me that my pursuer had sensed my fleeing and was now intent on ending me.