2. A New Beginning

Severus walked towards the edge of Hogwarts once out of the school's boundaries he appeared to 4 privet Drive, it was late in the evening, the only light that could be seen was the street lights. Severus spotted the front door and went straight to it, he looked around once more, noticing that no one was around, he pulled out his wand and whispered "Alohomora" the door opened with a soft click, not loud enough to wake anyone.

Severus slowly crept into the house, he slowly went up the stairs, every one with a louder creek. Once he was at the top of the stairs he looked at the four doors that seemed to open, all except once. The last door, at the end of the hallway, was closed and locked from the outside. He rushed to the locked door, still being quiet as a mouse and once again whispered "Alohomora" all the locks unlocked.

He slowly opened the door, only to be hit with the smell of blood, he looked around the room but it was too dark to see. "Lumos" he whispered, he gasped in shock at the sight in front of him. Harry lay bloody and bruised in a small corner of the room. Severus could hear a faint whimper coming from the boy. He walked closer only for Harry to flinch away and whisper "I'm sorry sir, I'll be more quiet. Please sir I won't disobey you again. Just don't hit me" Severus could only stare at the boy in shock.

He once again stepped a little closer to the boy "Harry it's quite alright. Do you know who I am?" Severus asked his voice gentle. Harry then looked up from the floor to stare at his Professor, he was so confused "P-professor?" Harry's voice wavered, Severus only nodded. "Are you ok? Who did this to you?" Severus asked, Harry then became very interested in the floor, he then started to cry and Severus wasn't sure what to do so he reached out and placed his hand under Harry's chin to lift it up. As soon as Harry looked up, he did something that surprised Severus and himself, he launched himself into Severus' arms.

Severus quite shocked by the boys action's, he could only hug Harry back and whisper soft words of reassurance, once Harry had calmed down he stepped back and looked at his professor. "I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to" Harry whispered. "Harry it's fine. The reason I'm here is to take you out of this household, but before I do I have one question" Severus stated, Harry only nodded.

"Would you be alright with me becoming your legal guardian?" Severus asked a little uncertain, he wasn't going to lie, he was very nervous about Harry's answer. Harry looked over joyed that he, again, ran into Severus' arms, Severus could feel Harry nodding against his chest "I take that as a yes" Severus chuckled "bring whatever you may need or want with you. I will shrink them down and put them in my robe" Severus said, Harry only nodded.

Severus watched as Harry only grabbed three things: a picture of Lily, his wand and his robe. Severus looked strangely at Harry "is that all you're bringing?" Severus asked unsure. "This is all I own sir" Harry mumbled, this only angered Severus, how cold these stupid muggles do this to Lily's son? He didn't let his anger show, he didn't want to scare Harry. "Harry I need you to hold onto me, we are going to apparate". Once this was said, Harry came over to Severus and took a hold of his arm and they apparated to Hogwarts.

updated: 22/11/19