Chapter 12

Evania watched the succubus make breakfast once more. It was a ritual that she had almost forgotten herself, considering she hadn't made breakfast for herself in several years.

But the succubus was careful and precise. It was like she was crafting a work of art, even though it was going to be gone in a few minutes anyway.

Evania watched her and wondered if she really was from Exodious. How could she know what everything did otherwise?

Sylvia finished her food, made her plate, and set it on the counter and leaned towards Evania with a smirk. Evania was seated at the island once more, and the two just sort of stared at each other for a short moment.

"You feel that satisfaction?" Sylvia asked.

Evania raised an eyebrow.

"You're happy where you are."

Eva nodded.

"You want to keep going with our flirting?" Sylvia asked.

"I don't want to stop, if that's what you mean."

"Do you want to go a little farther?"

Evania raised another eyebrow.

"Can I have a kiss?"

Evania looked down at Sylvia's plate before flinching as the succubus took hold of her hand gently. Running her fingers over the vampire's knuckles.

"You're allowed to say no Eva."

"I don't think I want to." Evania answered, looking back up at Sylvia with her pleading eyes.

Sylvia smiled softly and leaned forward as Evania did the same. They both met half way, and their lips touched in a chaste kiss.

The vampire could feel how Sylvia tensed, as the flow of mana had to be much stronger with them kissing. But neither pulled away, and neither seemed to want to.

Sylvia had to, in order to breath, and Evania looked at her confused.

"Sorry. It was great." Sylvia grinned. "But I need oxygen."

Evania nodded and leaned back a bit. "It was nice."

"It was great." Sylvia repeated.

"I don't know if I'd go that far." Evania smiled.

"Rude. But look, you're not compelled to do what I ask! Cuz we're mates!" Sylvia grinned.

"I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that."

"If I was anything but a succubus it probably would be in effect. But we like to give back to our partners, so no control."

"I thought succubi need more than one person to survive. So they can keep breeding." Evania noted, rubbing her thumb across Syl's knuckles as she stared down at them, clearly expecting bad news.

"A succubi's mate is the person they're most compatible with. So if you and I wanted kids, way later in the relationship, it would be really, really easy." Sylvia explained.

"Last I checked neither one of us has the right tools for the job, so how would that work?" Evania questioned.

Sylvia grinned almost devilishly. "What if I told you I could impregnate you?"

"I wouldn't believe you."

"Good. Cuz if I can I wouldn't know how." Syl shrugged.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Sometimes it's just as simple as a reincarnation. Zali is Isirona's mate, reincarnated. So she can't have kids this time around, but that doesn't change who she is."