The Castle Beast......

NARRATOR'S P.O.V

An ordinary day in the town of Shivalaya. A small town located in the Himalayas. A town which has a prolonged history of warfare and conflicts. The town was patently one of the most stunning town of India. Yet it still was not so prominent, corresponding to the further momentous towns perhaps because of the orthodox and reclusive people residing there. Whatsoever it may be, but the town was exceptionally enchanting. Big Mountains, torrents and not to mention the dense forests that bordered the town.

Though it was an ordinary day for all yet there was something bizzare occurring inside the bijou of the Jaiswals. There were only two members residing in the Jaiswal residence and the pair were in their early 60s. Kedar Jaiswal and Nalini Jaiswal were their denominations. Kedar Jaiswal a jolly, chivalrous and a wise man, retired General of the Indian Army. A punctual gentleman who is on no account in a haste, howbeit presently he is leaving his house hastily. Nalini Jaiswal, wife of Kedar Jaiswal is also seen pacing here and there impatiently.

A car halts close to the paling of the garden. Mrs Jaiswal sprints towards the fence gate to unlatch it. The back door of the car opens and an outstandingly beauteous girl who appears no more than 18 comes out, she sprinted towards Mrs Jaiswal and embraces her tightly.
"Granny I missed you so much. " she said still hugging her beloved granny. Mrs Jaiswal smiled and kissed her forehead. After all she had seen her granddaughter after 6 long months.
"Look how much my little girl has grown up. " Mrs Jaiswal said hugging her sweet little granddaughter.
"Yes granny I am a big girl now. Last week I turned 18." she replied in her mellifluous voice. Mrs Jaiswal chuckled.
"Than I presume that from today you wouldn't want to munch on the cookies which I baked after all you are now all grown up. " she remarked teasingly. The little girl puffed out her cheeks. She was a huge fanatic of cookies and her granny was a star cookie maker. She was not at all ready to give up on cookies.
"No I'll eat it. You are my granny and you will feed me the cookies. " she said childishly to which her granny guffawed. She had still not changed much.

Meantime a 40 year old man is seen hefting up a massive trunk. He was perspiring even though the weather was moderately gratifying. Perhaps because he had been lifting up the boxes from quite a while. He trudged towards Mrs Jaiswal.
"Hey Mom. How are you. " he said wiping the sweat from his face.
"I am fine my son. It appears as if you are absolutely knackered. " she said anxiously as she drew out her hanky and began wiping the sweat from his forehead. The little girl giggled. She had never seen her granny like this, she has invariably seen her rebuking her father and even her grandpa. If there is any person who does not receives a scolding from her granny is her. She cannot recollect when her granny spoke to her by raising her voice last time. Perhaps because she was her only grand daughter. Not only her granny everyone in her house cherished and coddled her. She was the only child of her parents, which make her the only granddaughter of her grandparents too as they had only one son and that was her father.

She was contented arriving here would be an understatement, she was literally elated coming here. She on all occasions desired to come to her grandparents abode. She was merely 3 years old when she came here last time, even though she kept on meeting her grandparents as her father would frequently escort them to her home. She was really close to her grandparents. It was her father's occupation which had brought her to her grandparents little paradise. He got transferred here and now she is going to live here. She happily gazed around herself, the mountains took her breath away. They were just so enchanting. She always fancied secluded zones and this place was precisely what she dreamt of. The town didn't had plenty dwellings, surprisingly her grandparents house had only four houses near them and that too far away from each other. The whole town was covered with long grasses, meadows, turfs and the dense jungle of the Himalayas were bordering the town. She giggled. This place was a paradise.