Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Leera’s POV

I scrambled up towards the gaping hole in the wall; the sound of footsteps following behind me drove me faster. Running out of the hole, I saw Blake and a couple of his men dressed up as guards. My shoes skidded across the floor, almost making me fall.

Screw these bloody things.

I ripped of the buckles and chucked the wedges at the men behind me.  There was a small groan but the footsteps continued to chase after me, although now that I had those platforms off I could run faster. Then I slid to a stop behind Blake as the old men watched their ‘guards’ with confusion. I almost burst into fits of laughter as I noticed Blake had a moustache.

“Why aren’t you idiots imprisoning her?!” a man in the front roared, his fists shaking with rage. He had copper hair with beady dark brown eyes, the sort that reminded you of a rat.

“Oh, so when they see a girl not doing anything suspicious they hate, but when their guards don’t do as they’re told, they don’t suspect” I muttered under my breath. I felt Blake cough next to me, and nudge me to the side, pointing his gun at me.

“Yes sir, hands up girly” I could see that Blake didn’t want to hold a gun up to my head, but it was all for the act. His eyes looked conflicted as he pressed it to my temple, the cool metal of the gun made me shiver as goose-bumps ran up and arms.

“Wh- What’s going on?” I stuttered, willing my eyes to fill up with tears so I seemed legit. Blake looked like he had taken drama classes as he smirked at me and roughly pushed me forward, almost making me believe him if it were not for the fact I knew this was an ambush.

“Shut up, bitch and listen” the same man, who I referred to as a rat, sneered. Well someone obviously didn’t get any action last night.

‘Good one’ My wolf snickered, ‘but be quiet now’

“Hey!” I struggled weakly, “Get off!” I snarled at Blake and tried to kick him, intentionally missing his shin and losing my balance. He steadied me by my shoulders and brought my arms behind my back, effectively halting my movements.

“Bring her here, guard” The rat man demanded, stretching his hands forward, readying to grab me from Blake. Blake put the gun back in his pocket and started to walk forward slowly, pushing me along the way. Wait, he was giving me to the men?! He never mentioned this!

I felt a surge of panic run through me as we got closer to the council. I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Did I have to cooperate, or fight back? Damn you, Blake. I narrowed my eyes at him, but his eyes were trained to behind the men. Just as I was going to be passed to the rat man, Blake halted.

“I’m warning you though; if you take her I’m going to have to kill you all” I raised my eyebrows at Blake’s sudden threat. I wasn’t expecting that, I thought he would’ve handed me over and then… I don’t know, something else. My brain felt all fuzzy for some reason and I couldn’t concentrate. I feel like I have the attention span of a two-year old. The rat man suddenly let out a bellowing laughter, clutching his sides.

“Yeah, yeah, sure you will” The man just waved him off and turned towards the men behind him, snickering. I felt anger course through me, but it disappeared when a throbbing pain went through my temple. What was going on?!

I suddenly let out a yelp when the man harshly gripped my wrist and dragged me forward. I stumbled with shock, my dizziness preventing me from fighting back. I landed against his chest, my arms stuck by my sides.

Why out of all times does my brain have to play up now?!

I felt my wolf whimper and I squeezed my eyes shut in pain. The throbbing died down a bit, when I was unexpectedly ripped out of that man’s arms- much to my relief. I dazedly glanced up to see Blake gazing down at me, a concerned expression on his face.