Fifteen: You Look Like A Fish

Nico P.O.V:

How could I do that? How could I hurt her? How could I put her through that? Would she ever forgive me? Oh, gods. Who would I be if she didn't forgive me? What would I do then? Would she even be able to look at me??  What was Will going to say? What would he do when he found out what I did? How I hurt her? Even after everything that happened to her, I still hurt her so much...

The strange people in front of me gazed at me with mixed emotions as I had my melt-down on the floor. The younger people seemed to look at me in sympathy, a hint of disdain and anger whilst the adults in the room mainly looked at me in confusion. I had to find Percy. I had to apologize to her. If she dies because of the injuries I gave her...Another sob racked my chest as I closed myself tighter to the floor.

"Oh hey Neeks. You're awake." I heard a voice call out from across the room. I stopped sobbing, looking up to see Percy standing in front of me.

Percy P.O.V:

Nico gaped at me like a fish. His mouth wouldn't stop opening and closing. All and all it was really quite funny. I smiled.

"Are you done? Come on, get up. You look like a fish." I told him. Tears had made his face sticky and his hair was a mess.

"You're...Percy...I-I don't...H-how?" He blubbered. Disbelief shown in his eyes. The rest of the people in the room looked just as confused. I shrugged.

"Eh. No biggie. Diana is one hell of a doctor." I replied with a smile.

"No, she's really not," Wally butted in. "She can barely wrap bandages, much less heal you in a matter of minutes." The rest of the people looked over at me. I felt my face grow slightly hot.

"Okay, well, whatever. I'm a hell of a doctor. Either way doesn't matter. The point is I'm fine. So stop your whining and get off the dam floor." I grabbed his arm hauling him up. He looked up at me, astonishment was written on his face.

"Percy, I am so, so sorry. I-I couldn't control h-him. I-I tried. I tried so hard. He-he was just too strong. I fought him; I really did..." Nico whimpered at me. Tears began to fall from his eyes again. I pulled him into a tight hug, ignoring the pain the pressure caused. He clung to me like a lifeline. I don't blame him. Being tortured is one thing; being the torturer...It would break anyone.

"It's okay, Nico. Everything is fine. I'm fine. I'm okay. It's alright. I forgive you. You're gonna be okay, I promise." I whispered to him in a soft voice, hugging him tighter still.

Nico fell asleep in my arms. No surprise, being as emotionally drained as he was. I'm honestly surprised he woke up at all and didn't sleep for another 8 hours. I carefully picked him up and carried him to my room, ignoring the horrible pain I felt in my body. I laid him down in my bed, which was much more of a struggle than it should have been. Why did Diana have to put a bunk bed in my room? It made dragging unconscious cousins into it is a real pain in the ass.

I yelped in pain as my back spasmed slightly. I groaned. I really need someone else to wrap my bandages. I'm good at it, gods know I've had practice, but wrapping my back correctly proved to be difficult. Diana was completely useless, by the way. She managed to feed me some ambrosia, wake me up, and then passed out from the amount of blood. Thanks, Diana.

Roy P.O.V: 

I walked around the Cave trying to find the room that Robin had directed me to. I wanted to have a little word with the 'new instructor'. Rob, KF, Kaldur, and M'gahn all claim that she was the one who saved them. I find that idea very hard to believe considering she came in and passed out, not to mention how messed up she looked. Then again, she was up and walking around in a matter of minutes...

I finally reached the room Rob told me and found Percy, leaning against the wall, her teeth gritted in pain. She looked up at me, her face hard.

"Hi, who are you again? Sorry, wasn't paying much attention when I came in before." I stared at her incredulously. Was she for real? I opened my mouth to speak but Percy let out a slight yelp and fell forward. I caught her. Barely. I looked at her back and found her sweatshirt soaked. I sat her on the ground. As I pulled my hands away I found them slick with blood.

"Oh my god," I breathed out, my voice a whisper.

"Tell me about it." I looked over at Percy with disbelief. How the hell was she awake??

"Major pain in my ass." She quipped again. "Not only do I have to deal with the mess, but my mother is also most certainly going to kill me for ruining another dam sweatshirt. These things are unbelievably expensive. The amount of money I spend on sweatshirts is enough to pay college tuition. By the way, are you good at wrapping bandages?" She seemed to say all of this in a matter of seconds. I had never heard anyone ramble that fast and I hung around Wally for years. I realized she was looking up at me, expectant. She needed my answer.

"Oh. Um. Yeah. I mean. Kinda, I guess."  I stuttered out, not quite sure how to deal with the situation.

"Well, I'll take it. Anyone's better than Diana. She deadass passed out on me. Who does that? Also, can you wrap up my back real quick, I need to like, not bleed out." She held up a roll of gauze and smiled. How did I get into this? I wanted to interrogate her, not save her life! I was not mentally or emotionally prepared for this...