2

"Daddy wake up!" Holly shook Luke out of his deep sleep. He jumped out of bed.

"Daddy I have school today." she sighed. She was already fully dressed, and could dress herself, which was a relief for Luke.

Luke immediately swept Holly in his arms.

"Come on let's go!" Luke yelled running out the door while she was still in his arms.

"Daddy we still have 30 minutes." Holly screamed.

"Cupcake why didn't you tell me." Luke set her down.

"Cause you didn't let me." She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest and plopped on the couch. Luke quickly felt bad for his actions.

"Cupcake, I'm sorry." He knelt down beside her. She dropped her arms to her side.

"It's okay daddy." She smiled.

"Let me make you breakfast what do you want?" Luke smiled.

"Cocoa puffs." She jumped with excitement.

"Okay, cocoa puffs it is." Luke chuckled.

"Yay!" She yelled.

"So are you excited for today." He poured milk into her cereal.

"Yes and no." She squirmed in her seat. Luke arched his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why no?"

"Cause I don't get to be home with you daddy, I don't wanna leave you." Tears began to form in her eyes.

"Come here." He motioned in his direction.

She stood at his feet looking down.

"I meant come here as into my arms." Luke carried her.

"Listen, I know you don't want to leave me but its time for you to learn new things and make friends and have fun." Luke kissed her forehead.

She nodded in agreement. She then ate her cereal.

*********

"Well hello there." A tall lady in her 30s bent down towards Holly.

"Hi." Holly shyly waved

"What's your name." The lady asked.

"Holly." She held onto Luke's legs.

"Oh, don't be scared we won't bite." The lady remarked.

Holly looked up at Luke, who nodded in agreement. Kids started to go in. Luke bent down in front of Holly.

"Listen cupcake, have a wonderful day at school, your gonna do amazing, it'll be fun." Luke kissed her on the cheek. But Holly didn't respond. Holly quickly walked into the school without hugging or kissing Luke.

Luke was definitely hurt, he didn't think Holly would do that.

"Bye Holly." Luke said to himself. He got in his car and drove off feeling heavy hearted.