dix neuf

Jungkook's racing heartbeat was interrupted by the loud sound of the door rattling open behind him.

"Namjoon-hyung, sorry i took so long i couldn't find the shade of pink you asked me to g-" Taehyung's deep and monotone voice rung through the room, making Jungkook spin around quickly to catch his surprised eyes, his grip on all the art supplies loosening slightly.

Taehyung seemed to speechless, his mouth opening to take a breath and then closing without uttering a word. Jungkook was looking at him, relieved, his shoulders slumping lightly and the softest of smiles pulling at the corner of his lips.

"Tae." he let out a breath. "Can we talk?"

The aforementioned didn't budge, eyes darting to Namjoon who was behind Jungkook, still in front of his canvas, looking between the two with curious and amused eyes.

"I-i" Taehyung hesitated, before looking back at Jungkook's pleading eyes.

He sighed, knowing very well there was nothing he could do against those puppy eyes.

Taking the time to place the art supplies he had brought on the small station next to Namjoon, he excused himself to his friend, saying he would be back shortly, before following Jungkook outside the class.

The two walked into the empty halls, Jungkook playing with his hands nervously as they walked towards the vending machines near the stairs that led to the floor below.

"Taehyung i'm sorry if i freaked you out." Jungkook said, looking down at his indoor shoes as they kept walking. "I just, i just wanted you to know.. em.." He stammered, Jungkook wanted to get this off his chest when they weren't yelling out at each other, he stopped walking, taking a deep breath and looking at Taehyung, who had stopped a few steps ahead of him.

"I like you, Taehyung." He said, voice soft, almost to a whisper.

Taehyung's eyes widened, despite it being the second time he heard the confession. he still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that Jeon Jungkook who stood in front of him, the captain of the football team, one of the most popular and well liked student at school, liked him, the outcasted nerd no one wanted to associate with.

"I want us to be more than just..." he hesitated, looking down to his fidgety hands. "just... friends with benefits"

it felt weird, saying it out loud, especially in front of Taehyung, because they had never really put a tag on their relationship, they didn't care. They just fooled around carelessly. Jungkook wasn't even sure if they could call each other 'friends', but considering the fact they had known each other for nearly five months, giving them the time to slowly open up to each other between their sexual episodes, they were more than just "fuckbuddies".

"I'm sorry Jungkook. I- I don't want to be anything more." Taehyung said, eyes clouding with gloom, when he looked down.

The younger looked up, taking a step towards the other.

"Why? We clearly have something going on?" He said, on the contrary to the lass time, he wasn't yelling noor angry, but desperate and tired.

"Jungkook." Taehyung sighed, dark pupils still looking down, long lashes draping over his eyes. "I-i... i don't want to go out with you."

Yet another arrow through his heart, but he kept grabbing at the last piece of hope.

"Why won't you reject me huh? Why don't you say you don't like me?" He asked, finally closer to the other, enough to extend his hand and graze the other's cheek bone.

Taehyung's cloudy eyes met his, darting from one eye to the other nervously.

"Don't lie, Tae." Jungkook whispered. "I think you like me too." He added, Taehyung slowly taking steps back, but Jungkook wrapped an arm around his waist to gently prevent him from escaping.