2

Blayke's POV

It's been a week since I first met that man with a stunning smile and a daughter with a heart of gold.

A week since I've actually felt like I had a friend in this town. Of course I know everyone, they all love me and I love them. But the only friends I've ever had tend to always have lives.

As the hours ticked by on the clock, I started to set up the book reading. This week was some book that I pulled off the shelves, not looking as I walked to the book reading area. I had many other things on my mind today, which definitely made me feel bad because the kids were always my number one concern. Well now not always, but usually.

Soon child after child filed in, wide grins on their faces as I pulled the book out. I hadn't seen Emma Reese or her very stunning father, but I couldn't wait any longer. "Good afternoon, my lovely friends. Today we are going to read Peter Rabbit," I smiled as all of the children gasped, giggling.

I heard a "that's my favorite book," in a deep voice from behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see Harry carrying Emma Reese in one arm and a bouquet of flowers in the other one.

"You're welcome to join us, Harry. Nobody is too young or too old for story time," I smiled at him as he nodded and sat Emma Reese in a chair, getting on his knees beside her, across the table from me.

As I read the book, I asked questions to the kids about what they thought was going to happen next. Or if they thought Peter Rabbit was funny. Every time I would look over, I would see Harry staring straight at me. It was as if he couldn't look away. Well maybe it was because I was reading to the group.

Once the book was over, I gave all the children goodbye hugs and watched them walk to their parents. When I thought the last one was gone, I turned around to go place the book back on the shelf. I heard someone clear their throat and as I turned to face the direction the noise came from, I saw a very happy Emma Reese and a very happy Harry as well.

"Good afternoon, how're you," I asked as I met his gaze.

"I'm wonderful, um these are for you," he smiled, handing over the bundle of flowers. "How are you," he asked as my cheeks tinted pink, this was the first time somebody had given me flowers. And it made me feel all giddy inside.

"Oh my, thank you so much, you didn't have to do that," I smiled up at him.

"It was Emma Reese's idea," he said. Once his words escaped his lips, I bent down to give her a warm hug.

"Thank you so much, Emma. I love them so much." I smiled as she giggled and returned the hug.

I stood back up and looked at Harry once he started to speak again. "We wanted to invite you over to breakfast tomorrow morning if that was okay with you," I felt my heart start to pound harder and faster. Was he asking me on a date? If so this was my first date in a long time. If not, well nothing was new. I mean his daughter was gonna be there so it was probably just a nice gesture.

With all my thinking, I realized that I hadn't given him an answer yet. "Oh, um, yes. I would absolutely love that," I smiled at him, but soon broke the eye contact to stare at my shoes.

"Great. We'll see you tomorrow morning, bright and early." And with those words, he picked Emma Reese up and walked away.

I had gained hardly any sleep last night, too busy on thinking about what would happen this morning. I mean yes, it was only breakfast. But it was with a man that was probably the most handsome man in the world—at least in my eyes. And it was with his beautiful baby girl who decided to pick out flowers for me.