28

(tw: attempted assault)

Eddie hadn't slept at all. His arms were twisted behind him in a way that hurt, and he was stuck on a chair, so sleep wouldn't have come easily even if he tried. Instead, Eddie spent the time he was alone thinking, listening, trying to narrow down where he could be.

Water dripping and a cool draft was the only cues, and he didn't know how long he had been asleep, so that didn't help him in the slightest.

Eddie knew he wouldn't be able to pinpoint his location, so his thoughts kept drifting to Richie. How he held him, how happy he seemed when they were together, how smart he was and how he kept getting stronger.

"Please don't come for me Richie," Eddie thought desperately, as though Richie, wherever he was, could read his mind.

Eddie missed his friends and his father as well. He even missed their stupid rules. He knew all too well that someone would come for him, but he prayed that whoever came was able to avoid the trap that Henry and his father had set for him.

Hours after he had been left alone, Eddie was ripped from his thoughts when a door to the room opened.

A boy that looked to be a couple of years older than Eddie walked in. He had black hair and was tall and scrawny. Eddie thought he looked somewhat like Richie, but tried to keep the thoughts of his boyfriend away from the asshole in front of him.

The boy dragged in a screen and silently hooked it into the wall in front of Eddie, who was trying to figure out what was going on.

"Boss wants to make sure you can see when your boyfriend and friends get captured," the boy said, sitting in front of Eddie. He had a dark smile on his face.

Eddie glared at him, trying to ignore how the boy's presence made his skin crawl in fear. He seemed like a dark killer, one that had never been caught.

"I can see why they took you," the boy said, touching Eddie's jaw, running his finger up the side of his face to his hair.

"Do not fucking touch me," Eddie hissed, pulling his face as far as he could away.

The boy laughed. "I'm Patrick," he said, reaching out to touch Eddie again.

"I don't give a fuck what your name is," Eddie said, trying to pull away. "I don't know what your boss told you or what you know, but when someone in the Hive goes missing, we send everyone. There'll be close to a hundred people showing up here, ready to destroy your pathetic excuse of an organization." Eddie knew he was lying, and it was clear Patrick had been filled in by Henry. He didn't look phased at all.

"Okay, sweetheart. Whatever you say. We all know that it'll be those dumbass teens that come after you," Patrick said, running his hand through Eddie's hair.

Eddie didn't want to be touched. He knew he couldn't do much and that he was vulnerable, but it didn't stop his reaction. He lifted both of his feet and slammed his heel into Patrick's crotch, smiling when Patrick screamed in pain and fell backwards.

However, the action also caused Eddie's chair to fall backwards. It didn't break, and instead caused Eddie to groan in pain as the fall made him hit his head and slam his hands into the concrete.

His heart dropped when he saw Patrick stand up and pull the chair up. He leaned close into Eddie's ear.

"Now would be a good time to tell you there's no cameras in here," he whispered, making goosebumps form all over Eddie's arms. "I can do whatever I want with you, and no one will ever know."

As an evil look rooted itself in Patrick's eyes, Eddie tried to rip his hands out of the restraints he was stuck in, but to no avail. Patrick slowly moved his hands down Eddie's chest, slapping Eddie in the face when he yelled for him to stop.

"I'm sorry, Richie. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Eddie thought miserably, tears burning in his eyes. His head was throbbing and the side of his face prickled in pain where it had been slapped. Through all of it, dread filled Eddie as he realized he couldn't stop what was going to happen.

Just as Patrick was about to tug at Eddie's pants, the door to the room opened. Eddie had no clue whether or not to be relieved to see Henry.

"Patrick! I said set up the screen, not rape the hostage!" he yelled, and Patrick immediately stepped away from Eddie's shaking figure.

"Sorry," Patrick said, looking at the ground.

"If he doesn't give answers, we'll torture him. And his friends when they show up. You can help out with that," Henry said.

Patrick nodded and left the room.

Eddie knew he should be terrified of being tortured, but he couldn't find it in him to care. He'd rather be cut open and dissected alive than lose his virginity to a rapist.

•••
Henry had left the room after finishing setting up the screen. Nothing was on it, but Eddie was terrified it'd randomly turn on and he'd see Richie or one of his friends getting tortured and killed.

Silence echoed around the room as Eddie struggled with the restraints. Soon after Henry had left, Eddie discovered the chair had broken a bit when he fell. A loose nail stuck out, and Eddie knew he'd be able to easily free himself if he was able to get the nail loose.

His finger tips were raw from scratching at it, but he powered through. Nothing at the Hive trained him on what to do if you're tied to a chair, assuming no one would be kidnapped.

After what felt like hours, Eddie was able to get the nail out. He quickly got out of his restraints and picked the lock on the door. It'd be a long shot, navigating a new base without any knowledge of where the exit was or how many people were there, but it was worth a shot.

What Eddie didn't know was that Patrick and Henry assumed he would be able to escape, and had been watching the cameras outside the door to the room Eddie was trapped in. He also had no clue that Patrick had seen his friends' van show up around a mile from their base, and both he and Henry were ready to capture anyone who broke in.

They watched as Eddie left his cell. Then they saw as the others climbed out of their van, before sending a message to the lab in which they inflicted torture on victims.