Chapter 13

THEA

"Thea, boss is asking for you." Patricia called as I was doing some papers on my desk.

"Be there soon," I nodded at her then dropped everything on the desk. "Bella, could you finish this for me please? I'll be right back."

"Okay."

"Thanks, Bella."

I followed Patricia to our Boss's office room on the 6th floor. She opened the door and let me in. Matthew was on his desk, typing on his laptop. He stopped when he saw us.

"Thea, have a seat. Thanks, Patricia." he nodded at Patricia which she responded with a nod then left the room, leaving me and Matthew alone.

I took a seat on the chair in front of him. "You called?"

He nodded. "I need you to come with me to meet our director, there's something he wants to discuss."

I was confused. "I'm sorry, but may I know why it's me?"

"Remember the illustration you made last month about our next commercial?" He asked and I vividly remember about that project. "He saw yours and was interested to learn more about it. He asked to meet you."

My eyes lit up. "He was? That's great. When are we going to meet him?"

"Right now. Get ready, we'll be leaving in 10 minutes. We will use my car."

I nodded. "Okay. I'll wait for you in the lobby."

I excused myself to my office room. I was excited, ecstatic even. Last month, Matthew announced that he needed us to submit an illustration for the new project, I would have never imagined that mine would be interesting. I gathered my stuff and took my blazer.

"Where are you going?" Greyson asked just as I put my blazer on.

"Going to meet our director with Boss. Wish me luck though," I said, just as Greyson went to open his mouth, my phone vibrated to a call.

"Thea why-" Greyson began but I raised my pointed finger to him, telling him to wait.

"Arthur?" I said as I answered the call.

"Hey, Thea."

"Hi. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Hope I'm not interrupting your work."

"You're not, don't worry. Why are you calling me at this time?"

"Can't I call you at this time?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, but you usually would just text me."

"Well this time I want to hear your voice."

Damn him and his words. Just like that, I slightly blushed. Greyson smirked as he saw my red face, I glared at him then looked at the other way.

"Erm do you need anything? I'm kind of in a hurry."

"Why? What are you doing now?"

"I'm going to meet my director with Matthew," I said as I grabbed my purse. "I'll see you later, guys." I told Greyson and Bella.

"Your boss? Why are you going with him?" there was some weird tone in his voice. "Where are you going?"

"What's with the questions?" I stepped into the lift and pressed the button. "We're meeting our director, he wants to discuss about my project."

"Where are you meeting your director?"

"I'm not sure, probably in his office or something," I said truthfully. I walked to the lobby where Matthew had already waited for me in his car. "Look, Arthur, I gotta go now. I'll see you at home, bye."