Anger and truth

4 students petrified. 9 students pulled out of Hogwarts. 1 student dead.

Mid-day.Katherine had been ignoring Tom all week. Everytime she looked at him she felt nothing but disgust. Whenever he tried starting a conversation, she would stay quiet. She was sitting on a arm chair in the slytherin room. It was a weekend so most of the students were at hogsmead. The common room was empty, the only sounds that could be heard were the turning of her books pages and the fire.

The door to the common room opened and in walked Tom. Katherine checked to see who it was and then went back to reading her book.

" you've been avoiding me" he said.

Katherine stayed quiet.

Tom walked up to Katherine and slammed both of his hands on each arm of the armchair so that he was towering over her.

"Talk to me!" He yelled.

Katherine kept quiet and kept her eyes on her book.

Tom grabbed the book and threw it across the room. " look at me!" He demanded.

Katherine pushed Tom and he stumbled back. She stood up " I can't! Every time I look at you, I see nothing but a monster!" She yelled.

He regained his posture. " I am not a monster. I am clearing this school of all filthy blood. I am doing the right thing."

Katherine laughed " you're right, you are not a monster. You are a murderer!"

Tom grabbed Katherine by the shoulders. " don't talk to me like that, you'll regret it." He threatened.

Katherine shook herself free. " I already regret it! I regret ever meeting you and talking to you!" She yelled.

A look of anger flashed through Tom's eyes. " I don't care what a stupid little girl like you thinks. You think your opinion matters? It doesn't. I could kill you right now if I wanted to."

Snap

Katherine was hurt by Tom's words. Anger boiled up inside of her and she said the thing that she thought would hurt Tom the most. " you disgust me. YOU FILTHY HALFBLOOD!" She screamed.

All the anger exploded out of Tom. He took out his wand and yelled crusio. Katherine fell to the ground shaking in pain but no tears or screams. Right after Tom had cast the spell, he felt nothing but regret. He immediately put his wand down.

"I i"m sorry" he started.

Katherine slowly stood up and slapped him. Hard. Like, really hard.

" do you think that curse hurt? It didn't. Once you've felt real pain, that curse is useless."

Tom held the side of his face that Katherine had slapped. " I may have deserved that but I am not just anyone. You will fear me. You will obey me."

" you know what Tom? I think that you are just a lonely boy, craving attention. It's not fear you crave, it's respect. You want people to know your name, to know who you are? Well guess what Tom. The truth is that no matter how hard you push, no matter how hard you try. Even when you are scratching the surface of glory everything will come crashing down and you will be nothing more than that lonely little boy who wanted people to know him, to fear him."

The world came crashing down on Tom. How could something, this stupid girl said hurt. But it was true, he knew it. But didnt want to believe it.

He stiffened. " that's not true. I will become someone, someone people fear!"

Katherine laughed. " even if you do, there will be one day when you fall. And you will not be someone that people would want to remember."

Tom could feel something break inside of him. His entire body stiffened. She was right. " then what do you suggest I do" he whispered.

Tom relaxed when Katherine put her hand on his cheek. He felt something, warmth, electricity, he didnt know but it felt nice. The one person who wasnt afraid to tell him the truth. Had he grown feelings for her?

All the anger had drained out of Katherine. She realized that he was just a lonely boy who wanted attention. She didnt blame him, he had grown up without any parents, abandoned at a young age. A lite smile on her face, kindness filled her eyes as she started up into his cold dark ones. He had lived a life without love, never feeling it. Never feeling the warmth it brings.

" to the world you are one person and that's all you will ever be. But to one person, you are the world. I suggest you find that one person." She whispered. " and I hope you do Tom, everyone should have that one person." She said and left the common room.