Quest 10: Deck

A puzzle.

That was Timoteo's thoughts on the young mafioso. An unsolved puzzle if he might add, or was it just a complicated one? Or was it just so easy to solved but they're just complicating the pieces?

The Vongola Don wasn't sure. From his recent encounter with the gamer, it had somewhat dawned upon the elder that maybe, the gamer was just like an open book but they aren't making any use of that one advantage.

But at the same time, he is a Pandora Box, unsure of the consequences that lies within once open. Maybe that's why Game Master is feared.

"Or maybe he just never asked to be feared?"

That was a rather stupid thought, Timoteo mentally slapped himself. For someone to survived this long in the underworld, you have to be feared. Or maybe he's just using that to his advantage.

For the first time in his many years of reigning Vongola, Timoteo have never once felt so defeated.

Even if it's towards someone of neutral faction.

♠️♠️♠️

Yurei sighed for the umpteenth time for the day. His fingers delicately running over the hard cover of a journal, the other hand massaging his forehead.

He slowly traced over the golden carved words on the cover.

Giardino di Myst

"Garden of Myst..." He softly said out to no one in particular. His eyes held a sense of familiarity as he gazed down on the magenta book.

"To think I would finally have this back..."

Well, the book or journal. Is something that Yurei have dearly cherished as much as his life back then when he was Zen Myst.

Garden of Myst

The name surely have triggered your curiosity, no? As it have been implied, its his memories. Before he was Zen, before he was a Myst, before he was a gamer, before he became a queen.

Oh?

Did you think that Yurei was the King? Surely you must be joking?

Yes, he is powerful. Manipulative, cunning, dangerous. But in his world, he was nothing more but a Queen.

Who is his King?

No one knows actually, not even himself.

But he knows that he is no King, neither would he be King. To be a King would mean he will have to be vulnerable.

Meaning he would have to trust his life in the hands of another. And that was hard to find someone just like that.

Many people of the shadows thought he was a King. But all he was, was a Queen looking for her King.

Yurei then opened the book, smiling a little when he saw his handwritten words across the yellowing pages. It wasn't much of a journal, just random thoughts and poetry that he had written.

Mi amore, mi amore, I've found my love in nothing more but a deck of cards~

A deck of cards,
To put you behind bars,
Struggle in the pool of tar,
Allow yourself to be thrown afar.

I was wearing a mask,
And was given a task,
You do not need to ask,
As you'll never unveil this mask.

Tick tack toe,
You're such a hoe,
Like an unstrung bow,
At my feet you shall bow.