31. Think

Space really wakes up the next day. A little weak, but that's okay.

🦋

Is it to be believed that birthday wish will really come true?

Space's quick recovery is very amazing. After waking up, aside from feeling slightly anaemic even after blood infusion, Space insists that he is good to move. Reason? He wants to be discharged along with me.

Space's upper body part is fully bandaged; the cut wounds are mostly on his arms plus he also got stabbed on his stomach and back.

His legs are fine, so it's okay for him to walk out of the Hospital!

Such an idea raises our vigilance. Even though he says he feels fine, we all want him to stay back for further observation.

I am visiting Space in the afternoon, even though he woke up in the morning as usual, as if he is just waking up from every day's sleep.

My ankle is only sprained, but Dad still buys a crutch for me to use. Dad has forbidden me to walk without a crutch until my sprained ankle fully heals.

As for the wound on my hand... Fortunately, it doesn't hinder the way I use the crutch. It does trouble me because I can't use my hands to do anything! One is wounded while the other is holding the crutch to support myself.

Thus, even though I am good to leave the Hospital, I will still need someone to take care of me. The person taking care of me, for convenience, is, of course, Venus Myrtle.

"You don't have a boyfriend yet," Dad reminded me meaningfully when we were discussing the matter about a caretaker

Even though I have no intention to even suggest the name of one of the young men to take care of me. Even as a candidate.

So, Venus, it is!

"Mercury, Mercury!" seeing me sitting there in thought, Space who is on the bed calls me to tell me, "You really, really scared me that night!"

"I should be the one saying that," I retort immediately once I understand what he means

I didn't see with my own eyes how deep and serious his injuries were, how horrible it must be, but I can imagine it. The cold sweat, pale complexion, and frigid body Space were like before...

Remembering it makes my heart cools down...

Space looks distressed as he reaches out to me. Not really understanding what he wants, I stand up from the chair and approach him with the crutch. Grabbing my bandaged hand, Space blows on it lightly with a chant, "Pain, pain, fly away,"

I feel tickled. Even though I am not ticklish.

I stare at Space in a dumbfounded manner whilst he grins at me happily. Despite his paler complexion, Space looks genuinely happy.

I retract my hand as I casually ask, "Why did you do that?"

"I don't know," Space is still grinning as he shakes his head lightly, "I just feel very happy," smiling until his eyes become slits, Space breathes, "Even though it was dangerous, knowing that Mercury wouldn't hesitate to put her life in danger for me..."

Releasing a happy sigh, covering his heart with his hands, Space states, "I feel loved,"

...It's no good to measure love through the level of danger and sacrifice.

Space giggles at himself then smile at me, "I really, really like you, you know, Mercury~"

Before I respond to his happy rambling, Space transforms his happiness to stare at me intensely, wholeheartedly stating, "Love you,"