Secrets Exposed

It is quiet

It is quiet.

Emma does not noticed the looks exchanged by Molly, Mr. Weasley, and Ron. They were worried about the sudden tense atmosphere for not only Emma, but their son who suddenly stopped making faces at Evelyn who now sat with a pinched expression.

George is frozen. His veins feel as if ice has replaced the once warmth he felt that pumped through his system. Emma's words play on repeat in his mind as his brown eyes stare at her. Watching her bright emerald green eyes become a darken jade as they stare down at the table. Her curly red hair falls into her face, the skin pale as the blood leaves her face. He watches the skin on her throat move as she swallows thickly.

The air is tense and filled with a bitterness that can only be linked to the sadness everyone shares at the table. 

Until the light clapping of small hands and babbling from Evelyn has everyone melt. Emma looks up and over at the little girl with a small smile playing on her face. Molly and Arthur look at one another in slight relief as Ron fills his mouth with food as he looks down at the table, still embarrassed by his thoughtless words.

Emma feels conflicted. The immense sadness that always seems to fester beneath the surface, nearly drowned her. She doesn't blame Ron's thoughtless words, but when they passed his lips and she had to explain. She realized as she explained her painful truth, that this wouldn't be the first time. Nor the last of having to explain to others that the little girl she loved and cherished was just a part of the girl who was Emma's other half.

Looking away from Evelyn who small fingers were happily playing with her mashed potatoes. Emma's green eyes finally look up and meets brown already watching. George was watching her, his eyes surprising her the most. She feels something looking into them, a sensation of meeting eyes with someone one has not seen in years. An instant connection, a feeling of familiarity that makes you stop in the street. As she looks in his eyes, she sees that he has faced something that was just as painful. His eyes showed a pain she tried to keep hidden, a pain no one can ever understand about her. 

Until now. As she stares into eyes that finally understand the pain she experienced, she feels that weight that always weighs down her heart feel a little lighter. 

Perhaps there is someone who can truly understand her. A thought the man across from her who shared the same thought. He subtly nods at her as they reengage the table and conversation begins to flow once again.

...

The night is warm, the soft sound of crickets hidden in the tall grass of the surrounding fields is a soft hum as Emma sat on the steps of the porch. Molly is preparing some after dinner drinks and desserts for her and George before he walked her home that evening as planned. Ron had already headed out to stay the night at a girl's place whose name she barely caught as 'Granger.' Molly grumbled lightly about that of the words of 'not yet married' and 'proper behavior.' Molly provided a spare room for Emma to put Evelyn to bed, which after getting the slightly fussy girl to finally rest did she take a moment to get some peace and quiet. The back porch looked inviting with the mood outside providing a pale glow over the grounds.

Leaning back on her hands, Emma lets out a soft sigh. Raising her green eyes to the twinkling sky full of stars, wondering where along the lights was her sister when a voice caught her attention.

"Beautiful night isn't it?"

A tall lanky figures moves away from leaning against the house. His long legs move across the distance until he eventually stands in front of her. 

"May I?" He gestures to the spot next to her. She nods and he takes a seat next to her. His long legs reaching the step below hers.

They sit quietly as they both stare off into the sky. Their thoughts on the people who are their other half, looking to the sky for those answers to questions left unsaid.

"So...you lost your twin?"

Emma breaths in sharply as she looks over to George. He is looking back at her with eyes that told her all. Instead of skimming the details that made others uncomfortable, she knew from the brown kind yet tinged with sadness eyes, she can tell him everything.

Breathing deeply, she looks down at her fingers as she thinks through her words. 

"Yeah, she was my twin." Her voice is soft, not disturbing the air around them.

"I...lost my twin brother." 

Emma stops looking at her fingers and looks back up the man. He looks surprised by his words that passed his lips. It was the first time George ever said it out loud before to not only himself but another. 

"You lost your twin?" Emma says in a broken voice as she stares at him. His brown eyes lock onto her emerald green. Mesmerizing him with the emotions in their depths as he sees for the first time someone who shared what he had.

"Yeah, last May. He died in the final battle against Voldermort." Emma was still so surprised of the stories that were told at dinner that night. Of an evil man set on the values of blood purity and his hatred of muggles. She was glad Evelyn would never have to face the cruelty when she joins the wizarding world. 

"I lost my sister in last May when she gave birth to Evelyn." Emma lets out quietly. Their eyes still on one another.

"A-are you able to feel like you can breath fully?" George asks. Emma was expecting an 'I'm sorry.' A response she normally received, but she knew that he was different than everyone else.

"Yeah, I do. But I learn it becomes easier if I look at Evelyn. Remembering what she left me, what she wanted me to protect." Emma explains softly. She leans on her hands again, but accidentally puts hers on top of George's.

"Sorry" She says as she begins to lift it away. But his long fingers captures hers and holds her hand lightly.

Looking from their hands together, she gives him a questioning look. Which he answers with a light grin, before he looks at her softly.

"Just for a moment."

So they sit in the warm spring night. Finding a strange peace in the feeling of their skin held against one another. Creating a warmth they didn't know they craved until they found one another. A person to share themselves with.

Unedited: 1120 words

Don't forget to:

-vote!

-comment!

-add to your library!

-follow me for updates