eight! ⋆ WATCH YOUR MOUTH

( songs for the chapter )⋆ help! // the beatles⋆ landslide // fleetwood mac

⋆ help! // the beatles
⋆ landslide // fleetwood mac

( songs for the chapter )⋆ help! // the beatles⋆ landslide // fleetwood mac

KATE DIDN'T TALK ABOUT ELEVEN. When she told Joyce about the secrets that she knew, she stayed silent about the girl they'd found in the woods. It wasn't that she was scared of the woman telling anyone, but Kate was terrified of someone hearing the information somehow. El came from a bad place, and Kate was determined to keep her away from there.

"How- how do you know all this?" Joyce asked. Since Kate didn't tell the woman about Eleven, she'd left out a pretty vital source to the story.

"I know it doesn't make sense," the girl laughed lightly. "But I need you to trust me on this, okay?"

Again, like the night before, Kate didn't get any sleep. Her mind was going a million miles a minute; if she wasn't worrying about Will, she was worrying about Eleven. She hadn't seen her since they were at the quarry and according to Dustin, her and Mike had gotten into a pretty big fight. She couldn't help but wonder if the two of them were alright, or if Mike had left her by herself.

She trudged to school, barely making it to class on time. Throughout the entirety of chemistry, she kept her head propped up on her hand and could feel herself dosing off every few seconds. Her eyes closed for the millionth time, when she heard her name being called. She sat up instantly, her cheeks reddened as she thought she was about to get scolded.

Instead, the principal was standing at the door. "Can you come with me, please?"

Her brows furrowed but she stood nonetheless. She grabbed her bag and left the classroom with the principal. As she entered the cafeteria, she saw her dad sitting ahead of Callahan and Powell. Kate assumed the meeting was about Will, and she would feel a whole lot more intimidated if it weren't Callahan and Powell – she loved them, but they were two of the dumbest men she'd ever met (in the nicest way possible).

She sat down at the empty seat next to her dad, with a confused look on her face.

"I need you to tell me everything that happened the last time you saw Barbara Holland?" Powell asked her, which didn't lessen her uncertainty.