Chapter 54

Kara’s POV

*

              “Are you okay?”

“Of course. Why do you ask?” I leaned into the seat. Stephano was driving us to an event. I wasn’t through with exams but would be soon, in a week.

“You look tired. You’ve been working so much Kara.” His lips curved into a small smile. He wanted to say something else, but stopped at the last second.

“Hmm. I just need to rest a little after this event. I had a stressful week and my project supervisor just accepted mine. I was going crazy over that.”

He chuckled. “He’d be crazy not to accept it. I know you’ll do well.”

“Right? I’m awesome.” I chuckled and looked out the window, then back at him.

“I’m rubbing the cockiness on you, it seems.” He smiled warmly, “but still babe, you’re awesome.”

I checked my Instagram account and liked some videos where I had been tagged. Over the months, my followers had increased to a great amount and so many people were now following me, including celebrities. This came with the perks of dating a billionaire, because so many young ladies were always gushing over my random pictures now, unlike before when I only had a few followers on Instagram and Twitter.

A particular mention caught my eye and I clicked on it.

Bigbadguy: ‘Mr. Alfonsi, you have such an awesome and laid back girlfriend. I would love to have her as my girlfriend in the net life.’

My heart palpitated at the comment.

It was from a popular musician. I didn’t know how to feel about this but I guess it was normal, because so many guys and even women had been posting my pictures and fan-girling over my social media updates. The updates weren’t anything special, just me taking pictures with Adrian and later with Diego. I didn’t reveal it in public that Diego was my twin brother because it was obviously no one’s business but ours.

Then I read Stephano’s comment underneath it.

Stephanoalfonsi: ‘I’m not sorry to tell you that it won’t be possible. Even in the next life and the one following it, and then after that, Kara will always be mine.’ My heart fluttered at this.

A cheeky grin parted my face into two as I internally swooned at Stephano’s possessiveness and obvious jealousy. Being possessive wasn’t always attractive but Stephano was only being protective right?

I wouldn’t have appreciated him telling the guy he could have me in the next life anyway and knowing Stephano, he would never tell such. I skipped the comment and kept my phone back into my purse.

“Stephano?”

“Yes love?” He raised a brow but concentrated on the road before us. I would never get tired of hearing him call me his love.

“I’m thinking of taking a short break for a while after my exam. I’ve been mulling over it for a while and decided to go away somewhere.”

“And where would that be?”

I shrugged. “I can’t say for now, maybe Paris or some other place. I’ll go with Adrian to visit Paul for a while. I need the relaxation before thinking of applying for jobs anywhere.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Paul?”

I internally did an eye-roll. Of all the things I said. “Yes. I’ve not seen him since Lucas...”

“When will you be back?” he interrupted me and I squinted when I saw him clenching his jaws tightly.

I gnawed at my lips. “I don’t know. Maybe after two weeks?”