Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Caspian

The bed was strangely cold when I woke up. A chill ran down my bare spine and I curled my knees to my chest as my hands felt around for Mason’s waist. But the only thing I found was an empty bed. My eyes opened and flickered over the alarm clock on his nightstand. It was only 7:00 AM on a Sunday and he was already up? What on earth could he be doing?

I felt a smile flicker across my lips as a thought crossed my mind: maybe he was up making me breakfast to eat in bed. I moaned in anticipation, and couldn’t help myself so I threw back the covers and padded into the kitchen in just my boxers.

All the lights were still off, but a dim morning sun flooded the windows and illuminated the living room. But it was empty. All of it was empty.

I felt my brows furrow, so I glanced out the bay window that had a view of the garage. My car was parked safely inside of it, meaning he hadn’t gone out either. I was growing more confused by the second. So I crossed the room and pushed the door to Zeke and Terrance’s room open. It was completely dark, Terrance laying face down on the bed with his mouth hanging open. I craned my neck to see Zeke’s half the room, and Mason wasn’t there either. A small pit formed in the bottom of my stomach, Mason’s absence causing my heart rate to speed up. Quickly I headed back to Mason’s room and grabbed my phone off the nightstand, about to dial Mase, but just as I hit send I noticed his beat-up Iphone still plugged into the outlet on his desk. This was getting weird.

I’ve known Mason for two years and not once have I seen him without his phone. The only time he is away from it is when he’s sleeping, and even then I swear he hides it under his pillow. I would know, I’ve received more 3 AM texts from him then I can count. Which is why the small pit in my stomach quadrupled in size.

So I went into over-protective mother mode.

“Sam? Is Mason with you?”

Sam groaned on the other line. “Dude it’s 7, why the fuck would Mason be with me?”

“I can’t find him Sam he’s gone.”

“I’m sure he just went to grab some breakfast or take a walk or something, calm down, go back to sleep and regroup. I’ll talk to you later.”

And before I could get a word in edgewise, he hung up. I sighed, and did the next-best thing. I called Dallas.

“Casp what’s up?”

The complete opposite of the beta, Dallas sounded awake and alert, as if he had been up for hours.

“Dallas Mason is gone. He didn’t take his phone, my car is still here, no one has seen him, and I don’t know what to do, please please help me, Dallas, please.”

Dallas swore loudly on the other line, causing my heart to jump in my chest. “What? What is it Dallas?”

He swallowed, then sighed. “Last night…” he began, his voice quiet. “Last night someone broke into our house and tried to take Troye. I fought him off, and Troye’s fine, but it’s possible he moved on to someone else…”

“Mase,” I heard myself whisper.

This was bad. This was very bad.

“Did you see what he looked like at all?” I asked, my voice suddenly hoarse.

“Here’s where it gets weird,” he said. “I could have sworn he had the exact same eyes as Damien.”

“That motherfucker,” I swore, yanking on the ends of my hair in rage. What the hell did he want with Mason? Didn’t I just hear him in the background when I was on the phone with Sam? What the fuck is going on?!