Chapter 23

Third person pov

After watching the speeder get processed and get put away in a temporary holding cell where he'd be spending the next few hours, it was time to get down to one of the main reasons she was here. It wasn't that Harper was terribly interested in police work or had a real drive to become any sort of detective or officer, but rather that this specific branch of law enforcement needed her help. Not only could she be most effective here with her quirk  and the many ways she could use it, but Tsukauchi was in charge of most UA legal affairs. As in, he was in control of Sero. Yeah, that guy who'd been on the back burner since the festival. He was now front and center, and Harper wasn't feeling too optimistic. Then again, when was she ever?

It's not that the boy wasn't telling them the truth. It's that he wasn't telling them anything-- period. Tsukauchi had been groaning about it since the Sports Festival ended, and it was driving Harper absolutely batshit crazy. If coming here and voicing the thoughts Sero didn't want anyone to hear would get the Detective to ease up and stop rambling about it, Harper was all here for it. It was better than being worked to death by some random pro that didn't want jack or shit to do with her. 

Before she could do much of anything, she apparently had to change into her 'hero costume'. The one she'd had absolutely no say in designing whatsoever. Even worse, she'd opened up the brief case to a very... colorful letter from Aizawa. Basically, they'd given that demon of a man free reign over what she'd be wearing. She shuddered every time she dared to glance at the sticker-covered piece of notebook paper that explained the various parts of the costume in simple, bubbly detail. She had yet to take it out, and was dreading having to put it on. Not that she'd even seen it yet.

Still, she had to get started somewhere. Harper had shot a text at Iida telling him to watch his ass, one at Izuku telling him not to break any bones, because god knows he needed the reminder, a few at Kirishima explaining the start of her internship, half because she was sure he was still trying to figure out when it was okay for him to contact her. She may as well go first and ease his worries. She also checked on Ochako a bit, and even Kaminari. The Wii thing was concerning. Tsuyu would be going out to sea where there'd be no phone signal, so she'd sen some good luck texts. Todoroki too, telling him to be careful and that Endeavor was a fuck wad. He hadn't even asked how she got his number. Just said thanks.

"She's taking so long. Harper did say she didn't get to design it, so maybe she hasn't seen it yet and just doesn't like it... that'll be alright. I'm not sure we have any junior uniforms in her size, but-"

Harper cut off Tsukauchi's thoughts with a grimace. So it was either a uniform from the Weenie Hut or whatever hellish garment was in the box before her. Outright, there was nothing colorful. It was just a... flat, tan something folded on top of the rest of this shit. Aizawa liked to fuck with her though, so she was pretty convinced something neon pink would be popping out at her at some point. Not a nice thought if she was being honest with herself. Then again, how many shits did she really want to give out here? Because she only had so many, and she had a feeling she'd need them later if this internship kept going the way it was.

Cracking her knuckles and then her neck, Harper dove into what could be a total shit show. Her enthusiasm didn't rise in the least as she pulled out the tan piece of clothing that was on top. Nothing colorful stood out as she scrutinized the rest of the case, which just had... well, more folded clothing, all in muted tones. A pair of much nicer shoes were tucked off to the side, the tips definitely iron plated. Good for crotch kicking, she supposed. They were boots too, and therefore had more value. Not to mention the fact that they weren't every color of the damn rainbow.

She unfolded the tan piece of clothing she was holding, and the small spark of hope that had taken life in her chest was immediately stuffed out. Her eyes went wide.