Jealous?

-MAYA-

I looked up at the old, black clock stuck on the cold grey wall of Brandon's apartment complex.

The clock read 12:54, a small red stick seemingly clicking faster and faster by the seconds.

Oh-

I was supposed to meet Riley and Mrs. Matthews at a cafe at 1:15 to help with wedding stuff or whatever a maid of honor is supposed to do. Brandon's complex was a bit under half and hour away.

I ran down the steps, receiving odd looks for my attire.

On a normal day I would have taken a second to send a snarky comment at them or even just glare, but I didn't have time.

Riles is going to kill me.

Well, I'd probably survive, but getting Riley mad isn't fun.

    I stumbled into my black Honda Civic and pulled out of the garage, a little unsafely I might add.

    I drove down the street like a mad man, lucky that it was brunch on Christmas Day and most people were inside with family or whatever.

Go, go, go!

My thoughts scrambled around in my head as I tried to focus on driving.

Soon, I found the address. I slammed on the brakes and rushed into the square.

Wait- is that?

For a moment I thought I had caught a glimpse of sea-blue eyes.

I shook my head at the thought and down in a cafe with Riley and Mrs. Matthews.

"Am I late?" I asked, sitting down in a chair outside of the restaurant.

I was in between the two of them, and Smackle had sat down across from me.

"By 4 minutes and 37 seconds." Smackle said, not even glancing at her watch.

"New record, Maya." Riley said. "Usually you're late by around six minutes."

    "Anyway," Mrs. Matthews interrupted. "Riley and I have already figured out a color scheme."

"Let me guess," I said lazily. "Purple?"

    "I'll have you know, Maya, that actually we're going with purple, blue, and white." Riley said proudly.

    "It took a little bit of convincing, but we got there." Mrs. Matthews said. "Now, we want to pick out dresses as soon as possible, and now that we have the color scheme I think we can start looking."

"And we're having it in a garden." Riley interrupted.

"Ok, co-"

I froze. I had been staring behind of Smackle while listening to everyone else.

"Peaches, what's wrong?"

"Maya?"

I had seen Josh kissing Brianna.

Not wanting to look anymore, I gave Riley a weak smile and put my attention back on the group.

"Yeah, just got a little distracted." I said lamely.

"Okay..." Riles said suspiciously, and I knew she was going to talk to me later.

"So, where are we going first?"

—————————————————————

We agreed to meet up at a bridal shop. Seeing that we had three cars, Topanga gave Smackle and I the address before we headed to our respective vehicles. Riley opted to come with me.