37

Maddie sneaking back into her house late at night included her climbing through Zach's window

Maddie sneaking back into her house late at night included her climbing through Zach's window. "You're so lucky." Zach said shaking his head when he seen Maddie come in through his window. "Did she ask questions?" Maddie asks her arms wrapped around herself as she tried to calm the goosebumps that found their way onto her skin when she ran towards her house through the cold night air. "Yeah, but I just told her that you got held up at practice for your solo." Maddie nodded looking down at her feet. "Okay, thanks, I'll see you in the morning." Maddie said quickly as she headed for the door but Zach was too quick and grabbed her arm pulling her back to him. "What's wrong? Did something happen with Monty?" Zach asked as he looked over his sisters facial expression. "Zach, he's on my tape." Maddie said slowly and Zach sighed while taking her into a tight hug. "You're going to be fine, I promise you that. Now go get some sleep." Zach said with a smile as he tipped Maddies chin up and she chuckled while shaking her head. "Okay, thanks Zach. I love you." She said leaving for the door. "I love you too Mads." As Maddie made her way across the hall to go to her bedroom door she was stopped by her younger sister walking out of her bedroom doorway. "Oh hey May." Maddie said with a small smile as she turned around facing her sister rather than her bedroom door. "Hey, I was wondering if we could talk?" May asked with a hopeful smile and Maddie was quick to comply and open her bedroom door to allowed the two girls into the dark area but as soon as Maddie turned on her bedroom light she quickly turned around closing her door behind her so May couldn't see into her room. "Actually how about tomorrow?" Maddie asked with a grin that was to big to be a real smile. "I'm just really tired." Maddie said trying to make sure May's feelings weren't hurt. May giggled and shook her head. "I already know he's in here." May said as she pushed her way into the bedroom and shut the door after pulling Maddie in so that their mother wouldn't see or hear them. "What?" Maddie asked confused looking from Justin to May. "Wait, how?"
"Because I heard him come through your window and trip so I thought it was you, I came in to talk to you but it was him instead. But don't worry I won't tell, I also won't tell about your snacks if you give the chocolate eggs." May said with a smile and Maddie shook her head laughing at her little sister as she handed her the chocolate letting her start eating on them while Maddie locked the door and then went to the bed to sit slightly in front of Justin and across from May. "So what did you want to talk about?" Maddie asked an amused smile playing on her lips as May devoured the chocolate with a content smile. "What's been wrong with you. You promised we'd talk, that was even before it got worse, now I wanna help." Maddie shook her head lightly as her sisters words. "Well you can't help me May, but thank you." May shook her head as she closed the chocolates. "You don't have to thank me, that's my job as your sister. And I know I might not be able to do something to help but I mean talking about it might help." May said her hopeful smile looking perfect on her pale pink lips.

Maddie sighed and crossed her legs as she fiddled with her fingers. She obviously couldn't tell her about the tapes which meant there were several things she couldn't tell her because of them tieing together but there was one thing that came to mind that she knew she could tell May. As if he could read her mind Justin sat up and took her hand in his, May smiled at the small exchanged thankfully she was comfortable with Justin or her trying to talk with her sister would be harder. "May, you remember how I lived with a different family before you guys decided to take me in?" Maddie asked approaching the topic carefully, May nodded and scrunched up her eyebrows slightly. "Yeah, you lived in an orphanage, a foster home and you had your biological family." Maddie nodded showing Mays knowledge was correct. "Yeah, well my biological family took the time to.." Maddie closed her mouth trying to find the right words. "Contact me, reach out to me is a way to put it I guess." May let her eyes enlarge for a second before she composed herself not wanting to make her sister feel upset. "And how did that go? We've never talk much about them." Maddie nodded once again, she never really told May much about her biological family, she wasn't supposed to but she knew that May knew more than she let on and she was mature enough to know some things, obviously not the details but she could take in some of the information.

"Well, uhm, I don't know how much you really know but my mother and her boyfriends and my uncle who lived with us at the time were very terrible to me as a kid so it still fogs my mind when I even think of them let alone having to have some type of contact with that side of that family." Maddie didn't want to, or rather didn't know how to even say how she felt about the phone calls. "You have a sister correct? Mackenzie?" Maddie nodded. "Yes, I have a half sister named Mackenzie, probably several other siblings on my birth fathers side but me and Mackenzie ended up having a falling out when the social services got involved." May nodded and moved forward to take Maddie's free hand into her own and she smiled up at her sister trying to let her know thatshe could tell her anything and she wouldn't judge. "See Mackenzie never actually knew about the abuse in my family because my uncle or my mothers boyfriends would go after me and their threats were always to go after her if I spoke up, or they'd say they should go get her anyways so I would take extra hits just so Mackenzie wouldn't get hurt." Maddie's voice was filled to the brim with emotion and the other two people in the room sat silently listening, neither of them had heard this before. "So when the social services got involved and we got taken away and she lived with her father and I got in the foster care situation I tried to explain it but all she seen was that I took her away from her mother so she hated me and that's why I stayed in a different foster home and orphanage when her father pasted away and she had no other family oto go to." May quickly hugged her sister when she finished talking. "Maddie, I'm sorry she didn't understand and see the situation from your point of view but I want you to know that you did the right thing and you don't have to feel guilty." Maddie nodded and wipped her eyes slightly. "Thank you May, I do feel better." May nodded with a smile. "Well I would stay longer but it's late and I know you guys want some time together. Love you sleep well." May said before kissing her sosters cheek and going to the door. "Night Justin." She said as she waved to the boy. "Goodnight May." May smiled and left the room.

"I never knew that." Maddie sighed as she looked towards her boyfriend. "I don't really like talking about that part of my life, you know that." Maddie said as she looked down and Justin nodded and cupped Maddie's face, his slender fingers combing slightly through parts of her hair that came down with his motion. He gently lifted her head up. "You know no matter what I will never judge you, right? You will always be the same as you are right now, the same as you were yesterday, and the same as you are tomorrow. You will always be the best thing to ever happen to me." Maddie smiled as his words and blushed softly. "I love you." She said pushing her forehead forward to rest against his and he smiled at the small action. "I love you so so much more M." She didn't get time to respond because he pushed his lips against hers, it was a slow motion but it felt so right she felt the weight of her day leave her shoulders. "God, that feeling will never get old." He said after he pulled away.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Okay so this was short and dumb because nothing really happened. I just wanted to post something and say sorry for not being active like I planned, I actually had a lot of stuff going on this summer. I did a lot of research for colleges and such and I'm beginning to prepare even though I'm only going into the 11th grade, I was constantly sick and I also tried to spend more time with my family also I'm writing this on the 14th, yesterday was my parents anniversery, I have an appointment on friday, a doctors appointment on Monday, I have to get my scedule fixed for school on Tuesday, school starts on Wensday and I still don't have my supplies or clothes for this new school year also my 16th birthday is the 31st! I promise to have more constant updates. Also I promise the next chapter will have some actual real events that matter to you guys.

{Is there anything you guys want to to happen? I'm writing the next chapter as soon as this posts so requests as soon as possible would be appericated.}

{8.14.19}