chapter 27

Emerson's POV

Our awesome cruise vacation was brought to an end, and unfortunately for me, school was tomorrow.

Mason, Austin, and Bella went home, and things were starting to go back to normal.

"Em, eat your food please," Blake said, looking at my barely touched mac n cheese. We started eating dinner an hour ago.

"I'm not hungry," I said, "I don't feel good." I was starting to feel sick.

"Babe, just eat, you probably don't feel good because you've barely had any food today," Hayden said. He playfully grabbed my spoon and put some food on it. "Here comes the airplane," he said.

I rolled my eyes and smacked his arm away.

"Damn, worked when you were three," he said, looking a little disappointed.

"Emme, please eat," Wyatt said, rubbing his temples.

"If you're not gonna eat it I will," Josh said, grabbing my plate.

"No!" Blake said, "She needs to eat."

"Ugh, just eat the damn mac n cheese so I can leave this fucking table," Brady rolled his eyes.

"Hey, watch the attitude, kid," Blake said. Wyatt and Hayden angrily stared at him.

Everyone had been going at eachother all day. You go on vacation for one week and everyone misses being jerks to eachother.

Brady rolled his eyes again. He nonchalantly kicked his legs up on the table and put his arms behind his head. Idiot.

"That's it!" Blake yelled, standing up. He pointed at me. "You, eat your damn food, and you," he yelled turning to Brady, "get your fucking feet off the table, I'm tired of everyone's attitude! Where's the cigs?" he asked turning to Wyatt.

Wyatt tossed him a pack and he started to go outside.

"Blake stop, you said you quit smoking!" I yelled. I started to stand up to go after him but Wyatt told me to stay and eat my food.

I forced the food down my throat, despite how sick I was starting to feel, and then went and joined Blake outside.

"Blake," I said, walking over to the bench swing on our front porch.

"Em," he said taking a puff.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked, annoyed and upset. Blake and Wyatt used to smoke all the time. Blake quit for awhile and only smokes when he's stressed, Wyatt, now he's another story.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

I sat down next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder. He stomped the cigarette out and put his arm around me.

"You said you quit, why are you smoking?" I asked , upset about all of this.

"I'm stressed," he said, "you and your eating habits are worrying me, I want you to be healthy, and your brothers are being little jerks. I'm doing my best to raise you guys but sometimes it's just too much."

"I'm sorry," I said, hugging him.

"It's okay Emme," he said, kissing the top of my head. "It's getting late. go get ready for bed, please."

"Okay," I said, getting up.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I put on a hoodie and some pajama shorts. I said goodnight to everyone and went to sleep.