THIRTY-SEVEN

November 2, 20XX - Sunday'4:00am'

'4:00am'

I tossed and turned all night long.

I'm scared.

I'm so scared.

The truth was I wasn't comfortable with Taehyung leaving my side. 

The thought of something happening to him was enough to make me sick to my stomach.

So sick, that I had to get up and find something to drink in the kitchen.

Honey-lemon tea should do it.

Slipping out of the room, I ran my hand along the wall to find the light switch.

A sound came from the couch in the living room and immediately my eyes connected with the figure turning around.

My heart leapt straight out of my chest as I ran back against the wall, shocked.

The figure leaned forward to turn on the lamp on the table, revealing himself.

"W-Who-" I choked up because I couldn't even think of what to say.

He pulled down his white mask, revealing his high cheekbones more.

"Don't worry. I'm your watcher."

I didn't respond. Instead, I kept myself pressed against the wall, waiting for him to explain himself further. 

He ran his fingers through his wavy fringe, letting it fall back over his forehead.

"I'm Hoseok and I won't hurt you, Hari. RM and V have me here to make sure that nothing happens."

Something can happen?

He chuckled at my expression. "I make you nervous, don't I?"

I slowly nodded my head.

"They just didn't want to leave you alone in the house. It's best to have one of us here for guarding. Not just you, but the house. So don't worry."

"'One of us'?" I narrowed my eyes.

Hoseok tilted his head over to the couch beside him, suggesting that I have a seat.

I hesitated, but decided this was my chance at getting some answers so I made way into the living room and placed myself at the edge of the couch.

"Do you know what they're doing out there?" He asked me, leaning forward so that his elbows rested on his legs.

I shook my head.

"Dealing. Do you know what?"

"Weed...?" I responded.

Hoseok's mouth lifted a little before he gave a little shake of his head. "No, that would be the safest to deal."

Hoseok's words made my heart sink.

"Crack and Ice," he hissed.

I lifted my head up to look at him, swallowing the lump building in my throat.

Hoseok stared deep into my eyes until he finally broke the eye contact.

"You're scared now. I can see it in your eyes. Does the fear stop you from asking questions?"

Yes.

"The more you ask, the less scary things actually become." 

His words stuck to me.

"Then can I ask you, why there's only one of you here? What if we get found out? Is this place even-"

Hoseok shook his head, "This isn't like a traphouse or something and we aren't the mafia. You should be safe here with just me."

"But...is he safe?"

Hoseok pursed his lips. "I can't tell you that because I don't know."

Just lie to me, Hoseok.

"But I will tell you this: I'll make sure you will be."

But not Taehyung.

Fuck you, Hoseok.

Fuck you!