Chapter Fourty Six

"Hogsmeade" Fred stated, his arm coming to rest on my shoulder.
"Yes?"
"It's tomorrow"
"Yes?"
"I was wondering if you wanted to maybe go on another little date?"
Before I could answer, Ron approached us with a despondent look on his face.
"Can I go with you to Hogsmeade tomorrow?"
"Uh-"
I just smiled at him, turning towards Ron with raised eyebrows.
"Still not talking to Harry?"
"No"
I huffed, crossing my arms at the ridiculousness of it.
"Actually Ron, Emily and I were -"
I cut him off, leaning back into his chest lightly, "it's alright Fred, we've got next time. We could all go to the Hogs Head instead, no biggie"
His arms moved to rest on my waist, pulling me closer to him, "you sure?"
"It's fine! I've got to quickly talk to Flitwick about an essay but I'll meet you back in the common room, yeah?"
He placed a quick kiss to my temple, stepping away from me and gesturing for Ron to follow him, "Sure. Ron you can help me find George"

NEWTS were proving to be ridiculously hard, and if I wanted to stay on track to becoming a healer I needed to pass every subject I was taking with an E or above. Needless to say, I was struggling. Potions was harder than ever, and the wand motions in charms kept getting increasingly more advanced - not to mention transfiguration and DADA. The only subject I enjoyed was herbology, and even then the care was getting harder. After a quick talk with Flitwick (in which he recommended some extra reading) I returned to the common room.

The next morning, the boys, Ron and I set off for Hogsmeade.
"Seriously these badges are ridiculous" I complained, scowling at the people wearing them, "you know Draco made them?"
Lee scoffed beside me, "never thought I'd see the day hufflepuff sided with slytherin"
"I know!"
"They don't even like Cedric" George added, "they just wanted to insult Gryffindor by getting as many people wearing them as possible"
Fred squeezed my hip, sensing my agitation.
"We should do something" Fred suggested, a mischievous smirk appearing on his lips, "a prank"
Ron was staying uncharacteristically quiet.
"Ooh! We could bewitch the badges!"
George slapped Lee's shoulder excitedly, opening the door to the pub with his other hand, "Brilliant!"
As the boys got a seat, I ordered 5 butter beers, returning to them with a tray of drinks.
"- give off a funny smell -"
"Ooh! Nipple twists!"
"Or! Or! They could give a shock every few seconds"
"Why not all of them at once?" I suggested, slipping into the seat next to Fred.
"Genius!"
I burst out laughing at the mental image of people clutching their badges, a foul stench surrounding them as they keeled over in pain.

"I'd say that was justice being served" Lee said joyfully, lifting his butterbeer in the air before taking a hearty gulp

"What do you think Ron?"
Ye younger boy simply shrugged, though I could see the small smile pulling at the corner of his lips. He was no doubt imagining Malfoy.
"We could totally do it" stayed George, leaning back in his chair with a thoughtful look on his face.
"Definitely"

"Ow!"
"What the Merlin!"
"God it stinks!"
The four of us ducked around the corner, snickering as the charm started working, cries of shock coming from every direction.
"Oh! Oh! Add a sticking charm!" Lee laughed, "quickly! Before they take them off!"
"Oh you genius!" I cackled, peering around the corner, muttering the curse under my breath.
"They won't come off!"
"It's stuck!"
"Ahhh!"
George snickered, pointing out another group returning from Hogsmeade. As they entered the grounds, the charms enacted, new howls of pain joining in with the rest.
"Best one we've ever done" Fred gasped, hand clutching his stomach, "without a doubt"