11 ; the chocolate frog card ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 1 : CHAPTER 11

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Y/N and Hermione had two drastically different views on Harry telling them about the Mirror of Erised when they'd come back before term started. Y/N had found it cool that Harry had been able to roam the school three nights in a row without being caught, whileas Hermione had been horrorstruck about the idea. Despite being able to search the restricted section, Harry hadn't found anything about Nicolas Flamel, much to the girls' disappointment.

They had almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a library book. Once term had started, they were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their limited breaks. Harry and Y/N had even less time than the other two, because Quidditch practice had started again, so they cautiously told Theodore, Blaise, and Daphne about trying to find Nicolas Flamel. With much convincing, they agreed and started going to the library with Ron and Hermione.

Flint had worked them harder than possible. Of course, not as hard as Wood (according to Harry) but hard nonetheless. If Gryffindor won against Hufflepuff, they would be in the lead and Slytherin would have to win by a certain amount of points against Ravenclaw to retake their lead. Y/N had done the maths, and (if she had done it correctly) if Gryffindor only caught the Snitch and nothing else (and won), then Slytherin would have to score, in total, two hundred points. Without the extra variables, such as a major gain or loss of house points, of course.

Y/N sat in the Gryffindor common rooms (discarding her robes and dressed in muggle clothes - Merlin knows she'll be kicked out for wearing her Slytherin robes) with a book in her hands. Harry was at Quidditch and, as Y/N checked her watch, should be coming back soon. Ron and Hermione were playing chess and Ron was winning, much to Hermione's disappointment.

Harry soon entered the common room, with a frantic look on his face as he sat on the armchair opposite Y/N.

"Don't talk to me for a moment," said Ron as he spotted Harry, "I need to concen -" He caught sight of Harry's face. "What's the matter with you? You look terrible."

Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told them about Professor Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.

"Don't play," said Hermione at once.

"Say you're ill," said Ron.

"Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested.

"Really break your leg," said Y/N, grinning. If Gryffindor forfeited. . . .

"I can't," said Harry, playfully glaring at Y/N. "There isn't a reserve Seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can't play at all, and I'm far too competitive to lose the Cup against Y/N."

At that moment, Neville toppled into the common room. How he managed to climb through the portrait hole was anyone's guess, because his legs had been stuck together with what they recognized at once as the Leg-Locker Curse. He must have had to bunny hop all the way up to Gryffindor Tower.