A baby is born

The labor pains came suddenly and without warning. They ripped across Kyra's belly, causing excruciating pain. Her screams were heard throughout the East Wick Castle, and the witches looked at each other fearfully.

"Do you know what to do to help her?" Asked one of the witches.

"Not I, I've never seen a woman in labor before!" She answered wide eyed.

"Well, we must do something, we can't let her suffer." Said another.

"I know a little something about deliveries," said one of the witches, as she pushed her way to the front of the room. "I once witnessed a delivery, and I think I could be of some assistance."

"Well why didn't you say so!" The oldest witch in the crowd said, "hurry and help her, I think the baby is coming!"

All the witches gathered around Kyra, and winced when she let out another piercing scream.

"I think I see the head! Quick, someone bring hot water, and plenty of towels, were running out of time!" Hilda said anxiously, and positioned herself by Kyra's feet.

Then everything happened all at once, Kyra let out a chilling scream, and the baby flew out of her. Hilda grabbed the baby, someone cut the umbilical cord, and after that, everything went smoothly. They cleaned the baby, and wrapped him up in a blanket, but who would have known that a teenie weenie little baby can scream so loud?

All the witches looked at each other with surprise. Now what, they thought. Was he hungry? They all surrounded the baby excitedly, fighting to be the first to hold him, until one of the witches said, "he's hungry, give him to his mother, he wants to eat!"

Hilda took the baby and placed him on his mothers breast, and he immediately latched on to his mothers nipple.

The witches were all moved to tears by the beautiful sight, and silently watched as the baby boy drank every last ounce of milk from his mothers right breast, and then he started to cry again.

"I think he's still hungry." One of the witches said, and all the witches looked at each other and nodded in agreement. "Let's move him to her other breast, mayhap he could drink more from that breast."

The witch lifted the baby off one breast, and put him on the other, and all the witches moved in closer, to watch the starving little one eat. He stole their hearts from the beginning. His mother had passed out, because one of the witches put a spell on her, not able to watch Kyra in pain anymore, she thought that being asleep for a while, would help her relax her body and make her stronger.

The witches gathered around the mother and son, and watched adoringly as the babe suckled on his mothers breast, "What shall we name the babe?"

"He looks like a Thomas to me." Hilda said, and all the witches looked at each other shaking their heads.

"No, he looks more like a David!" Claimed another.

"I think he would answer to Donald more easily." Another chimed.

"No no no! This child looks like a Robert!" Claimed another.

"Wait, I have an idea, let's call him all those names and see which one he responds to the best." The youngest witch said innocently.

"Do you believe that the babe will know what name he wants to be called at this tender age?" Laughed Hilda.

"Well he is suppose to be the most powerful babe in the world, and the prophecies do mention that he will be all knowing and powerful from the moment he will be born." The youngest one said. "Besides what do we have to lose by trying it."

"Very well then, I will call out many different names and watch his reaction, but it does sound weird talking to a newborn, and expecting him to answer, that just sounds silly to me." But the witch moved in closer to the babe and whispered, "Daniel, David, Yianni," the babe continued to eat innocently.

"This is ridiculous! He's just an innocent babe, he doesn't know anything yet!" Hilda complained.

But the other witch continued calling out names, "Jade, Jerald, Steven, James," and just as she was ready to give up, she decided to say one more name before calling it quits, "Stephan!"

The babe immediately let go of his mothers breasts and turned to look at the witch that called out Stephan. All the witches looked at him with wonder, and they held their breath to see what will happen next.

"Stephan!" The witch repeated, and watched as the babe reached out his chubby little arm.

The witch stepped closer to the babe and looked into his eyes, they were knowing eyes! "This child understands his name, I can see it in his eyes!"

"Impossible!" The oldest witch said, and came closer to the babe to see for herself. She looked at the tiny babe in the eyes, and saw the sparkle there, confirming the impossible, "she's right, he knows his name!"

Thank younformyour votes and comments. Xoxxoxoxxoxxo