MFA chapter 5*

Chapter Five*

2009

{*Andy's POV*}

I sucked in a deep breath, getting ready to sing another verse, as Chris rocked on the guitar and Sandra pounded on the drums.

Glancing to the side of the set, I caught a glimpse of that beautiful smile and her beautiful face. I flashed what she called my 'special smile' just as the cameras were cued to focus back on me in all my white clothed glory.

"I can't go on," I sang, getting down on my knees, gripping the old fashioned mic in my right hand, "without your love, you lost, you never held on." I finished the line while looking straight into the camera, swaying slightly and leaning in so I looked up through my eyelashes.

We were filming the music video for Knives and Pens, hoping for our big break. We got lucky and were noticed by a big time director and he offered to film and fund our first video. We accepted within minutes.

Patrick, the director, called cut and said we could have a fifteen minute break. I hurried off the stage and towards Zandy, who had my water bottle in her hands. She gave it to me, cap already off and I gripped it, bringing it to my lips and chugging it down. Singing and screaming the same line over and over again made my throat extremely dry and scratchy.

Zandy smiled up at me and took my water back when I was finished. She had been on set with me for the past five days after school, supporting me and being an extra stage hand. Yesterday she even brought her boyfriend, Karsten, with her because they were going on a date afterwards. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but there was just something about him that I didn't like. He seemed shady, like he was keeping a big secret from Zandy, I could just see it in his eyes. I didn't like him, I didn't trust him, but I was tolerating him for Zandy's sake.

"You're doing great, Andy," she complimented, my name rolling off her tongue in a way that made me shiver, though I would never show it.

"Thanks," I said, wrapping my arm around her shoulders and planting a long kiss on the top of her head. "I am ready for bed, but I can't leave."

She looked up at me so my lips slid to her temple. "Andy," there was my name again, "it's only five."

"Exactly," I mumbled, my lips skimming just above her temple.

Okay, confession time. I, Andrew Dennis Biersack, am admittedly madly in love with my best friend, Alexandria Corinne Night. I have been ever since the first day I set eyes on her beautiful face. I even remember what she was wearing. Pathetic, I know. But, I love everything about her.

Yeah, I'm going out with Scout, and I do love her, but not the way I love Zandy. Scout is really just my cover up and she's fully aware of that. I was really dating her at first, then we broke up, and then I asked her to pretend to go out with me as a favor. I would never play a girl like that just to get another girl. Scout is a close friend that I care about deeply, and really, is one amazing actress. Zandy has no idea we aren't actually going out.

Ten minutes into my fifteen minute break, Karsten showed up to take Zandy to work and then on their date. When she first saw him, Zandy smiled and this odd light flickered in her eyes. I could only describe it as pure joy and longing at seeing him. He walked up to her and gathered her in a hug and kissed her flat on the mouth. A twinge of jealousy rang out in my stomach at the sight of her so happy with him. They had already been going out for two months. When I first met him, I thought they'd be through within the first couple of weeks. Unfortunately for me, I was wrong.

Zandy said goodbye and told me she would be back home before eleven and that they were just going to see a movie and grab a quick dinner. I nodded and smiled, waving as they left through the doors of the room we were filming in.