Chapter 15: Thoughts

status: unedited

status: unedited

▪♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪

Key
Normal - Y/N
Bold - Vanya
Underlined - Reginald
Italic - Five

I walk past Y/N's room, only to see Mom picking up a tray of food from the floor. It seems like she's barely touched her meal. Mom replaces the lunch tray with a dinner tray, smiles sadly at me and heads downstairs.

I knock on Number X's door gently. It's been a week since Five left and ever since the six of us tucked her into her bed she hasn't left the bedroom.

She doesn't reply. I sigh and whisper through the keyhole "Y/N, I'm here for you. We love you and miss you. Please come out soon." She doesn't say anything but the sound of quiet sniffling alerts me that she heard my message.

I return to my room, carrying my smuggled ingredients. Ever since Five left, I've been making his favourite fluffernutter sandwiches and leaving them on the stairs. I've also been keeping the lights switched on.

I don't really do it because I particularly want to see Five. I do it for Y/N. She deserves to see him and for him to apologise.

Nowadays, I've grown to dislike Five slightly. We used to be rather close, before Y/N arrived, but he would never open up to me. I was glad when Y/N came because Five's moods were too much for me to handle.

I don't like Five not because he stopped spending time with me, it's because he left Y/N. She loved him, everyone could see it except him. He just dumped her years of friendship for time traveling.

Y/N deserves the world, and personally I think she's far too good for Five.

• ♤ • ♤ • ♤ •

I sit at my table with my brows furrowed. I am deep in thought, pondering whether Number Five would be able to return to this time period.