nine - too late

evan pov

knock

knock

knock

"whatever you do, do not, open that door." i tell craig, press on my gas pedal as far as it will go.

"i won't. god it's annoying."

knock

knock

KNOCK

"oh no." craig whispers.

"what?"

"the door knob." i hear the door swing open.

"why didn't you open the fucking door craig?!" brain yells.

"oh fuck. oh fuck me. thank god." i say, craig let's put a sigh of relief.

"what? what's going on? where's y/n and where's everyone else?"

brian pov

"upstairs. and lock the damn door for christ sake." craig tells me.

"who are you on the phone with?"

"evan," craig paces around the room, "look i'll have to call you back. call me when you're at the door or else i won't open it."

"craig what the fuck is going on?" i start to get frustrated.

"go upstairs i'll explain later."

"i'm not a fucking child. explain right god damn now."

"GO UP FUCKING STAIRS AND I'LL EXPLAIN!"

"fuck me."

craig pov

everyone is upstairs in tyler's room, and i bring them up to date on what evan told me. they all look shocked, scared even. they all love y/n with their whole hearts and won't give her up.

"house is in lock down until further notice. no one gets in with y/n. no one gets out, with y/n. we only open the door to evan then it's shut again." tyler says, taking initiative.

"tyler i thought-" david begins, about to tease tyler, but i shoot him a look to shut up.

"how do you know she'll come here?" jon asks.

"we don't. but we have to stay alert for the next couple days. she's a druggie jon, we don't know what could happen."

"so we don't open doors-"

knock

knock

knock

riiiiing ring ring

"it's evan guys, don't worry. see? he's calling my phone like i said. now just go about your lives like normal except don't open the door when y/n is near you, and don't take y/n outside. am i clear?"

"yes." all the guys say.

"good, now i'm going to get evan."

evan pov

i waited at the door until craig came and opened it. i shot past him and started pacing around the room. this goes so much deeper than we thought.

"i need everyone in the living room. now." i told craig.

"i have everyone up to speed."

"now!" i yelled.

craig didn't question further and got everyone to the living room where i was. they all sat down and waited for me to speak. there's was so much to say i didn't know where do start. they all looked worried, everyone but david, who was holding y/n and playing with her.

"there's a lot about y/n you don't know. she's not as young as we though she was. she's a year and two months old."

"why can't she walk yet? why isn't she trying to talk yet?" tyler asks me.

"her mom did drugs when she was pregnant with y/n. y/n is very lucky to have come into the world so perfect, and only having a slow learning ability."

"damn." brian says.

"damn right. this shit goes deep. y/n's mom is out looking for her. she doesn't remember who she left her to, probably from all the coke and meth. we have to protect y/n from her. y/n could die at the hands of her."

  "we can't let that happen." david said, holding y/n tight.

  "we won't let that happen to y/n." tyler adds.

  "damn right we won't. now we commence operation conceal carry." i tell them, jon tries to hold in his laugh.

  "why are we calling it that?" he says.

  "it's a play on words. when you are pregnant you're carrying a child and conceal carry is when you are carrying a weapon- you know what? i'm not going to explain it." i face palm.

  "okay okay okay, conceal carry on three!" jon shouts.

  "what are we? a highschool football team?" brian says.

  "one two three!"

  "conceal carry!"